Forest Hill Road Surgery - Vol 2

Couldn't make an appointment to see a GP when I phoned today. The appointments are currently closed but will soon re-open to allow bookings for . . . . . . . . 1st week in February.

It's not all bad - If you take pot luck there are a few same day appointments if booked at 08.00am.

Happy Christmas and don't get ill.

I?ve had such mixed experiences lately. When booking an appointment for my teenage son with vague need to see a GP, it was 4-5 weeks to get an appointment. When I callled with a known condition I was offered the next day (which I couldn?t do) or a Saturday The same week. There?s a triage going on but I can?t say I understand it. What I do know is that an under investment in GP training and primary care is hitting hard on this practice. You can always ask for a Lister appointment which, on the whole, I?ve found suitable.

"If you go to the surgery at 0730 and wait until they open at (I think) 0800 you can get same day emergency appts."

Indeed, you probably can. But (a) we are not supposed to be a third world country and (b) it seems unreasonable to me to deny someone else a so called emergency appointment when discussion / diagnosis / review of my own condition can happily wait a few days.

Is it time for me to be selfish ? Maybe it is.