Vicious dog attack

krustyloaf

My friend and her dog Poppy were walking to my house at about 2pm today. At the junction of Landells and Silvester she saw a man in his approx 60?s with two brown/tan terrier type dogs approaching. Neither dog were on a lead and they were running loose in the road. When they saw Poppy both dogs ran across the road and set upon her. One dog nearly took her jaw off and the other one was mauling her legs. The owner did and said nothing throughout the whole attack. The dogs were totally out of control, the owner didn?t even have leads with him. Poppy is an old lady of thirteen, who is completely deaf and a gentle soul.

Thanks to the kind neighbour who saw the attack out of her window and the man who also stopped to help my extremely distressed friend she managed to get Poppy to the Neighbourhood vet. The man with the dogs disappeared without even acknowledging what just happened. Poppy had to go into emergency surgery on her jaw and severe lacerations to her legs and side. Operating on Poppy, at her age was a massive risk especially as she has a heart murmur but it was this or lose her. Although this is a secondary matter, the vet bill is already over ?1000 due to the severity of her injuries and this is only just the start.

Our friend can only be thankful that she didn?t have her two small children with her.

I?ve been with my friend all afternoon at the vets and they?ve been brilliant.

So if anybody knows who this man is, approximately in his 60?s, wearing glasses with two similar looking brown terrier types, who might live near Landells or Silvester please get in contact as this needs to be reported to the police as it was very serious attack and we?d hate for it to happen to anyone else.

sorry to hear this krustyloaf, we need action taken as a society on dangerous dogs and particularly the owners (who ought to be in jail).

I had a similar incident in October, and was later attacked by the partner after trying to get photo/video evidence of the perpetrator.

After posting a similar appeal on here (and elsewhere), I was treated to a hideous social media campaign by friends of my assailants on this forum (they lived locally).

Just to warn you- I suggest you get this thread locked by admin, as you'll become a personal target very quickly.

Hope you find resolution on this.

I feel so sad when I hear of such irresponsible dog owners. Please come foward with any information you may have regarding this incident. This Man has to at least contribute to Poppys's vet bill. It's very sad that her owner on top of the stress of her being attacked has to foot a bill that could well be into the thousands.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Thank you for message, I?m so sorry to hear you had a similar incident, especially after seeing what it?s done to my friend, she?s in bits. There are just too many what if?s (a child, car crash, a fatality) not to ask the community for help. I?m just reporting what happened as my friend is in no state to do so.

krustyloaf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you for message, I?m so sorry to hear you

> had a similar incident, especially after seeing

> what it?s done to my friend, she?s in bits. There

> are just too many what if?s (a child, car crash, a

> fatality) not to ask the community for help. I?m

> just reporting what happened as my friend is in no

> state to do so.

KL, really sorry to hear of this obviously genuine and deeply upsetting incident. However, don't listen to "SRM33" who, posting under another identity ("Steve32") was allegedly subject to a "vicious" attack from a small spaniel which, by his own admission, didn't even bite him. Subsequent to this "attack" he followed the dog's owner (a sole female) around Peckham Rye park trying to film her on his 'phone (again, this is by his own admission). He then called the police when the woman's partner turned up to ask him what he thought he was playing at (they refused to act). He was not "attacked" by either of the people in question - again, by his own admission, neither of them laid a finger on him. Search for Steve32 and you'll find his rather bizarre history. He's also very odd in that he sends lots of PMs threatening legal action against anyone who questions his version of events (including, in my case, ones which revealed he'd been searching through my social media, making comments about my age and occupation).

Sorry to derail your thread temporarily but I think the point needs to be made.

Again, my heartfelt sympathies to your friend and her dog, I hope they both recover from such a horrid experience as soon as possible.

Admin - is it OK for people to just create new identities to keep on pursuing their bizarre vendettas?

rendelharris Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> krustyloaf Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Thank you for message, I?m so sorry to hear you

> > had a similar incident, especially after seeing

> > what it?s done to my friend, she?s in bits.

> There

> > are just too many what if?s (a child, car crash,

> a

> > fatality) not to ask the community for help.

> I?m

> > just reporting what happened as my friend is in

> no

> > state to do so.

>

> KL, really sorry to hear of this obviously genuine

> and deeply upsetting incident. However, don't

> listen to "SRM33" who, posting under another

> identity ("Steve32") was allegedly subject to a

> "vicious" attack from a small spaniel which, by

> his own admission, didn't even bite him.

> Subsequent to this "attack" he followed the dog's

> owner (a sole female) around Peckham Rye park

> trying to film her on his 'phone (again, this is

> by his own admission). He then called the police

> when the woman's partner turned up to ask him what

> he thought he was playing at (they refused to

> act). He was not "attacked" by either of the

> people in question - again, by his own admission,

> neither of them laid a finger on him. Search for

> Steve32 and you'll find his rather bizarre

> history. He's also very odd in that he sends lots

> of PMs threatening legal action against anyone who

> questions his version of events (including, in my

> case, ones which revealed he'd been searching

> through my social media, making comments about my

> age and occupation).

>

> Sorry to derail your thread temporarily but I

> think the point needs to be made.

>

> Again, my heartfelt sympathies to your friend and

> her dog, I hope they both recover from such a

> horrid experience as soon as possible.

>

> Admin - is it OK for people to just create new

> identities to keep on pursuing their bizarre

> vendettas?

Aaaah, that makes sense now, thank you for making the connection for me! An important interjection.

Vets? fees are high. My cat sustained an injury last year requiring cat molecules surgery. Noel Fitzpatrick, the super vet, quoted between ?7000 and ?8000 to do the surgery as it ?was a very interesting case.? My vet sent me to an animal orthopaedic surgeon in Roehampton. The final bill including the original visit to the wonderful animal hospital was ?3000.

Before you spend a lot of time and money below is our experience with the same sort of incident.

Posted by sally buying 18 April, 2017 18:14

"I do hope you have more success with this than we did.

My daughter's dog was savaged by an off the lead and with no collar pitbull just recently and sustained extensive wounds. Just loose on the street.

Despite many witnesses and people who could identify the owners, even to the extent of giving their address as they were known locally the police did not want to know.

Putting up any excuse to not take the matter forward.

Despite writing to say this is wrong they have closed the case and will not take it further.

The veterinary fees were very high and who has to bear this, the owners, not the could not care less dog owners who caused these injuries.

I wish you luck but do not hold your breath."

Expensive legal fees to get zero.

I saw this guy and his dogs back in summer when I was walking my puppy - they must weigh 20 lbs each and no collar or lead. If it is same guy, then these dogs were brown, in good condition and cross breeds I think. Big at any rate. He doesn't seem to care a monkey - did make me think twice about walking at night down quiet roads. no idea where he lives, but will certainly be keeping to main roads in view of this - although, not sure that it would make much difference given the speed cars fly down main roads these days - would give me peace of mind when walking my young pup.

Haven't seen him out at parks during the day and I walk at different times in different parks.

Police are too busy.

Regarding vets fees, normal - just think if one didn't have NHS and all they do for free.. New hip privately is circa ?8,000 as an example. Then there is aftercare, physio, removal os stiches, more apts so really ?10k.! and that is assuming no complications....

• 2 weeks later...

An update.....dear Poppy is slowly recovering but has been in a lot of pain, poor thing. It's going to be a very slow recovery for her.

The power of EDF strikes again.....the owner of the dogs has seen this or been told about it and gone to the vet and made a very small contribution towards the bill. The police have been informed and they are keen to check the aggression levels of the dogs, hopefully they can make the vet release the name of the person responsible. Please, if you know anything, come forward to stop this happening again. Thank you.

I?m sure I?ve seen this man and his dogs speaking to a shop owner on Bellenden Road, at the door. I winced at just the look of them and noticed neither was on a lead. I was grateful Ididn?t have my son with me and did think about commenting they should be but was too intimidated. It was the shop that was a computer repair shop until very recently and has just been converted to a barbers. It looked/sounded like they knew each other.