Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com
xxxx
All Round Renovation

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
messageRe: CPZ: Proposed Controlled Parking 'West Peckham' (north East Dulwich?
Posted by AylwardS February 04, 02:14PM

Micromacromonkey and others who have filled in more than one questionnaire for a household you might want to check you are happy for either to be counted / discounted. Makes no sense to me but the various threads prompted me to look at the report for the DKH zone and it reads as if they only considered one response from each household

Posted by Penguin68 February 04, 02:23PM

I think you will find that if your street was not included in the CPZ and most others were then you would have so much displacement that you'd never be able to park.

This is saying - 'pass on distress to others - you've had your house broken into, now vote for someone elses to be broken into as well.' Somebody has to stop this rot - if we keep passing it on then the bullies win. All they want is our money, and if we can help them to get others to vote to get others robbed, then all to the better. No. The domino effect is what 'they' are banking on. If we are complicit in this, then we should be ashamed.

Posted by micromacromonkey February 04, 02:44PM

If this was actual criminality then I would agree with you. It's hardly larceny on the part of the council though, they don't make much if any money out of these by all accounts. I'm not a fan of CPZ but, extending your analogy, since the end of Dec my house is getting broken into every day and that is surely not fair or reasonable. If your stand against the council extends to revoking all current CPZs then I'd be behind it, but don't wish to be a martyr for the cause.

Penguin68 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think you will find that if your street was not
> included in the CPZ and most others were then you
> would have so much displacement that you'd never
> be able to park.
>
> This is saying - 'pass on distress to others -
> you've had your house broken into, now vote for
> someone elses to be broken into as well.' Somebody
> has to stop this rot - if we keep passing it on
> then the bullies win. All they want is our money,
> and if we can help them to get others to vote to
> get others robbed, then all to the better. No. The
> domino effect is what 'they' are banking on. If we
> are complicit in this, then we should be ashamed.

Posted by micromacromonkey February 04, 02:45PM

Yes I did wonder what would happen. We filled it in independently but turns out we both chose the same options! I don't suppose it matters in that case.

AylwardS Wrote:
> Micromacromonkey and others who have filled in
> more than one questionnaire for a household you
> might want to check you are happy for either to be
> counted / discounted. Makes no sense to me but the
> various threads prompted me to look at the report
> for the DKH zone and it reads as if they only
> considered one response from each household

Posted by NickDan February 05, 12:58PM

I live on Danby Street and am reluctantly supporting the new CPZ.

For the last 6 months or so it’s been almost impossible to get a car parking space on weekdays. Some residents now leave their bins and cones to ‘claim’ spaces, which drives other residents crazy. I had a nasty experience a few weeks back where I needed to load my car up and was waiting for a car parking spot near my house for 30 mins. When one didn’t emerge, I had to double park for 5 mins to load it up. I left enough space for cars to get past but sadly a lorry came up the road. I explained that I’d be as quick as I could, but it ended with him and his colleague threatening me and my son with violence, and recording us with one their mobile phones while the other one swore at us. It was horrible.

It’s just a shame that it’s come to this. We have a good community feel on our street. But the stress of parking is eroding that, and I want it to end now.

Posted by first mate February 05, 01:04PM

And yet, sadly, it is quite likely all that parking stress has been created by a combination of road and parking changes put through by Southwark with the sole intention of creating a demand for CPZ.

Posted by singalto February 05, 07:52PM

My neighbour’s have buildresin at the moment and they are ‘reserving’ a large parking space using bins 24/7. The builders’ van onlyturns up for about 10 minutes in the morning, briefly at lunchtime and for about 15 minutes at home time. Today, the van didn’t park in the ‘reserved’ space and occupied the only available space. That did make me cross.

Posted by trinidad February 05, 08:25PM

Have residents and business people completed there questionnaire as yet?

--------------------
The hottest place in the world

Posted by Rosetta February 06, 02:00PM

Filled out the survey. Wondered what people are putting for the section that asks if a CPZ is brought in then which type/duration do they want?

Posted by NickDan February 06, 02:57PM

We just put a few hours in the middle of the day, to try and stem the worst of it.

I wrote an email to the council a while ago, before the consultation started, about our street’s parking problems. Today someone called me to discuss. They were very friendly, and it was a very informative call.

One thing was clear from the call: the Council have had a lot of heated objections from both sides of the argument; both pro and against the new CPZ.

When they make their final decision there are going to be a lot of unhappy people - whatever the result.

Posted by Mscrawthew February 06, 07:31PM

It seems to be the norm these days, Best thing to do is move them if and when you need to park They have no legal right to do this.

Singalto Wrote:
> My neighbour’s have buildresin at the moment and
> they are ‘reserving’ a large parking space using
> bins 24/7. The builders’ van onlyturns up for
> about 10 minutes in the morning, briefly at
> lunchtime and for about 15 minutes at home time.
> Today, the van didn’t park in the ‘reserved’ space
> and occupied the only available space. That did
> make me cross.

Posted by cella February 07, 08:49AM

How do you move cars?

Posted by MarkT February 07, 09:02AM

cella, you move the bins.

Posted by cella February 07, 09:04AM

That would indeed be easier! But what happens if you get challenged by neighbours?

Posted by Mscrawthew February 08, 11:51AM

Tell them nicely it is against the law and invite them to call the police if they have an objection to you moving the barrier in question!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was february 08, 02:59pm by Mscrawthew.

Posted by ed26 February 08, 03:48PM

Well, as my admittedly tongue-in-cheek-but-still-valid suggestion got moved to The Lounge in amongst the chat about Word puzzles and the like, I thought I'd paste it again here. It's just a thought....

It seems that the big problem with the CPZs issue is that no one has a clue how things will turn out if they are implemented. Residents off LSL want greater certainty that parking in their own street will be easier, rather than more difficult. Others would like to know whether we can still easily stop off at the butcher's on the way to do the weekly big shop, with similar considerations for the retailers along LSL. Where will the free parking be? Where will the paid bays be? What will the CPZ hours be, etc.? Will total parking decrease significantly?

So wouldn't it be sensible for the Council to publish a proposal for the final CPZ before residents get a say on it? If (say) two thirds of respondents oppose it, then it's completely abandoned. If two thirds support, then it's approved. And between those figures, the deal could be negotiated with some alternative arrangements?

It would be a bit like a... I don't know... People's Vote? If the Council committed to respect the outcome of the vote, it would be difficult to argue about the outcome. I don't think anyone really knows whether ED supports a CPZ in general or not.

Posted by trinidad February 22, 08:29PM

I am assuming the closing date has come and gone, anyone know what happons next?

--------------------
The hottest place in the world

Posted by Sally Eva February 23, 06:33AM

An analysis will be published. The council publishes all consultations on its consultation hub and then (some time later) the analysis and response. The Hub is here: [consultations.southwark.gov.uk] with an explanation of what happens next.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was february 23, 09:11am by Sally Eva.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum