Dulwich Chiropractic Clinic - Proposed Parking Restrictions

spinesrus

Dulwich Chiropractic Clinic has been treating patients in the area for over 20 years. We are situated at 277 Crystal Palace Road, near the junctions of Goodrich and Heber Road. It is highly unlikely that this area of East Dulwich is affected much, if at all, by commuter parking as it is a good 20 minute walk to the closest station from here. If the proposed parking restrictions are implemented (the current proposal is 8.30am - 6.30pm Monday to Saturday) patients will be forced to park a minimum of 10 - 15 minutes walk away. Many of our patients are in such pain they can barely walk across the forecourt of the clinic. The council have given very little time for public consultation and will close on it 31st January 2019. They have had to extend it by 3 weeks because so many people have not received their consultation packs. We only received ours yesterday. The proposed parking scheme will have a significant negative impact of the majority of our patients as well as potentially being catastrophic for the clinic. We would be grateful to any patients if they could go online at www.southwark.gov.uk/parkingprojects and click on the link to "East Dulwich Parking Study and Healthier Streets Consultation" and register their views on how it would affect them as a patient. Many thanks, Daniel and Sue Harvey

This is inaccurate I?m afraid - the consultation includes options for respondents to choose. The options are all day (eg 8.30am-6.30pm), two hours during the day (eg 11am-1pm), part day (eg 10am-2pm) or other (please specify). Worth noting nearby CPZs are two hours long.

Parking would be free outside of the controlled hours and the nearest st parking outside of the zone would be 5 mins walk on Goodrich Road after crossing Barry Rd.

I can see shared use parking bays within a short walk of no.277 however, on Jenning Road and Thompson Rd, where users get the first half hour free and can extend for ?2.75 an hour if needing to park within the operating hours of the zone. I would suggest feeding back your concerns re patient mobility, perhaps the council would put paid bays closer/more of them.

This is all sneaking up on us (the residents of SE22). Not so many read the EDF these days. I'm imaging people up in arms when it happens. Even the extended yellow lines annoy me, but these CPZ proposals are going to cause chaos, and I do believe they will go ahead.

MarkT Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> bels123,

> how do you prevent those paid bays being blocked

> by an all day parker paying by phone, or any

> resident permit holder?

Valid concerns, great points to include in the consultation - maybe request paid only bays near this business. Looking at the plans these spaces are at the very end of the road, not likely to be prime resident spots.

In relation to spaces being blocked by parkers phoning to pay for the two hours, I?ve raised this concern to Southwark and was reassured by their response - ?we have found that there are no problems with the systematic abuse of the Pay by Phone system to park within the HH controlled parking zone, nor in the P zone (North Dulwich and Denmark Hill).?

This is consistent with what a Dulwich Village councillor said at a recent meeting discussing a CPZ in Dulwich Village (both residents & businesses complain about commuters blocking spaces there). She said they had looked at the data and saw no evidence of it happening.

tomskip Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This is all sneaking up on us (the residents of

> SE22). Not so many read the EDF these days. I'm

> imaging people up in arms when it happens. Even

> the extended yellow lines annoy me, but these CPZ

> proposals are going to cause chaos, and I do

> believe they will go ahead.

Of course they will go ahead- it's the nature of the Labour beast. I remember when Lewisham became totally controlled by Labour- the first thing they did was put parking meters near the shops around Forest Hill.

The double yellow lines are no use because every time I go out there is a van or something parked on some of them.

At least it should get rid of all the taxis on Crystal Palace Road...

How can they have ?looked at the data and have found that people don?t park all day and pay remotely? The only way to stop that would be for people to have to pay at machines. The extended double yellow lines seem to attract builders van and parents dropping off/collecting children from school. When CPR becomes a cycle quiet route and one side of the road no longer has parking, it will be even worse. Southwark won?t listen to our concerns because they never do. The local councillors have been very quiet on this matter. I have not seen any comments from them unless I have missed something. The point about the chiropractic clinic is a really valid one.