Re: Attempted mugging on Ryedale

sjravi

Yesterday around 4pm someone attempted to mug my 13year old son on the corner of Ryedale and Cornflower Terrace. A white male, red hair, freckles and wearing a green coat. He tried to reach inside my son's pocket for his phone and tried to hit his face. Police have been informed.

cella Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> jimbo1964 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I'll keep my eyes peeled for the bastard.

>

>

> And what then?

I watched three back to back episodes of 'The Punisher' last night - but I'd still say report his whereabouts on 101.

jimbo1964 Wrote:

> cella Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Phew - might be more sensible!

>

> More sensible than what?

I think Cella meant my comment about The Punisher (which implies vigilantism)

There has been a spate of school children mugging s this term. This was raised with the Met borough commander at the DCC meeting last night. There will be more foot patrol and extra officers during February. The police said that, Iva child is mugged, they should speak to the nearest adult or go to a shop. Then call 999.

jimbo1964 Wrote:

> Oh I see. Being a Ryedale resident with a son of a

> mugable age I'm hoping the miscreant is

> apprehended or at least takes a long hard look at

> himself and decides on another life path.

Sadly, if he is happy to physically attack a stranger in the street with the intention of robbing him, the assailant is most unlikely to have a road to Damascus moment unless and until he is caught.

OP - I hope your son is ok. What sort of age was the mugger and did your son think he may have had a school uniform under his green coat??

Just witnessed someone get mugged coop end of ryedale.. two teenagers red puffer and black puffer. Has been reported to police but if anyone sees anything. Victim was also a female (not school age) on her phone, she got jumped quite heavily from behind so just be careful everyone!

So worrying to hear about these attacks.

My 13 year old was robbed by two older boys near East Dulwich station back in December at 5pm, with quite a few people around.

This Friday just gone, he was followed after leaving Dulwich Leisure Centre at around 6pm by an older teen on his bike, who got a bit nasty and threatening, luckily son decided to run across the road sharpish towards home, and got away.

I don't think pupils from any particular school are being targeted, just anyone walking alone who might seem like easy prey for a quick robbery.

My previously confident son who has travelled quite happily to and from school, and elsewhere for the last 2-3 years is really nervous now. Such a shame for him.

We reported the first incident online, and did receive a police visit.