Please be careful of ice on Crawthew Grove in the mornings!

se22cat

No 36 has had a water leak for at least 2 weeks and the landlord has only just bothered to call his repairman.

I went t*ts over arse this morning and fell really bad due to ice that had formed which #i failed to see, thanks to the lovely young lady who stopped and asked if I was OK and only moved on when she saw I was walking again, I must have looked like I was in shock. As I walked further up, I heard two other people slip and fall too. Will look and see if I can find a road cone to put outside the property as there's still water leaking.

You're most welcome, more pride hurt than anything, luckily, thank's for the kind words :)

I did find a traffic cone to give some sort of warning and put it in the dangerous area late last night, but the nearby builders may well have reclaimed it by now.

Would the landlord be liable to pay damages if he knew the leak was there and that icy weather was coming? A vendor on CPR has been informed that his/hew property is leaking water all over the pavement, I was told when I rang the stage agent. It is running so may not freeze unless it gets very cold indeed but there is always the chance. Be careful out there! (It's a property near the junction with Goodrich, oppo the newsagent.)

• 1 month later...

I don't often look at this forum, so a bit late with this.

I sa the leak too, and knocked on the door of the flat to let them know.

The tenant said that the owner was aware, and 'was going to do something about it..'

I told the tenant that when similar happened to me, the cellar started to flood quite quickly.

Tenant: It's Okay, we don't have a cellar.

Me: what's this coal scuttle in the front step then?

Tenant:........

Got out my handy torch & shone it down the coal scuttle plate...

One Cellar, half full of water (a lot of the conversions just wall off the (dirty, nasty) cellar, not realising how much storage is down there)

I mentioned electrics/rot/subsiding floor supports.

Strangely, t'was fixed the next morning :-)))

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Frank Field -  a decent politician.   Frank Field, Baron Field of Birkenhead - Wikipedia
    • The alternative would be to let them free, to be predated on and without parents to teach them the necessities of survival. Clearly this is an unhelpful model of instruction, but, given the ducklings have been born and will not survive without parental care (unless they are hand reared in the school - which I doubt has the capacity of skill for this) then gassing them is the most 'humane' action. The school should perhaps have thought through what is the likely outcome for ducklings which are not being reared by either skilled farmers or ducks. I suspect that the duckings would not be saleable to farmers having been initially born and raised in circumstances which were not sterile for introduction into larger flocks. 
    • That's a good idea smiley blue , if you or anyone else comes across petitions to end these despicable acts of cruelty to defenceless animals please put on here or start a new thread if you please so we can sign the petition and add our objections to this , I would also like to thank all of you the people for reading these messages and adding your voices to this cruelty,  maybe we can end it 
    • Malumbu, by that measure are police efforts to cut down on anti-social driving by issuing tickets and fines a token effort as well? Surely punitive measures for cyclists breaking the rules will encourage them not to break the rules again? A bit like when you got stopped and taken into the cab of an HGV. The police are currently using that tactic to show those who break the rules cycling that it might lead them to being hit by a lorry due to the driver's having limited vision - the cycling equivalent of a speed awareness course for drivers.    When they stopped you was it because you had broken a rule or was it just more of an education programme and they asked you to take a look and did it change your cycling behaviour in any way? As I said previously there are those who break the rules on cycling out of ignorance (and those out of arrogance) and I am sure they are using HGVs to educate those in the ignorance category and then hitting those in the arrogance category with the PCNs.    
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In