Police in riot gear?

Alan Medic

About 15 or 20 years ago I was confronted by a dozen police in full riot gear and carrying submachine guns in Underhill Road by the cemetery - they were filming The Bill, it transpired, and were 'resting up' in Underhill before running into shot in Langton Rise. Gave me quite a turn.

I drove past them seemingly raiding a property on Lordship Lane by the intersection with Crystal Palace Road. One police officer had a baby in arms, wrapped in a blanket, whilst about a dozen riot police were readying themselves to re-enter the property.

Thought I was in an episode of Luther..

I've experienced a group of armed police a couple of times, once actors filming for the dark comedy Babylon, and the other time doing a Counter-terrorism exercise. You can tell for both as there will always be a mobile canteen.

I had a group of plods running at me once at Millwall, I was going to give myself up for parking a motorbike on the grass when I realised that they were running to sort out some proper bother outside the Den.

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think I just saw about 20 police in riot gear

> marching at speed past the Great Exhibition pub.

> Was I hallucinating?

They may have been preparing to assist the BBC in entering a house as part of a TV license inspection.