House Burglary East Dulwich

ICIANCHI

This is a long shot but my house on Woodwarde Rd was burgled yesterday and a massively sentimental inherited engagement ring was stolen. I am sending pics to all the local pawn shops but if anyone has any advice of where to look or if anyone notices it in any shops or online I'd be so so grateful.

Gold band with large oval Opal stone and 6 small diamonds either side of stone.

Thank you :(

Hi I am Sorry to hear about this

Somebody I know had a laptop stolen in

Greenwich and it turned up in a pawn shop in West Sussex.

Try to send out as far as possible, if I stole a ring I would not sell it on my doorstep.

it is a lovely ring I do hope you get it back.

Lynne

Yeah it would be pretty dim to sell it in the area but who knows how quickly they wanted the cash, so bizarre that they ignored all laptops and more valuable gadgets...positive that your friend found their laptop though! I will keep searching.

thank youuu

If they only stole the ring mabey they knew you had it in the first place.

Did they ransack the place?

I got burgled last year, someone broke in while I was asleep when I woke up to the noise they were making they took everything of value in the kitchen.

Police did nothing and were of little help.

Well they clearly went straight for the master bedroom looking for jewellery, there just happened to be very little there so they found the ring and a little bit of cash, thats it. I suppose jewellery is the easiest thing to sell quickly as it's not traceable. The difficult thing at the moment is very few pawn shops have emails set up so when I call they say I have to into the store with a printed picture which obviously takes a huge amount of time going round them all. The police did send forensics the next day which was good although they said that most people these days know to wear gloves and things but we'll see if they managed to get anything...

Annoyingly the house next door is a deceased property so empty at the moment and thats how they will have gotten into the garden and broken in.

It's a relatively unique looking ring so I supposed I should just keep searching for it online and calling up shops. Reassuring that so many of you managed to find your stolen items again! There is hope! x

We got 'done' end of Jan by 'pros' who were after the car I had only had for 3 weeks. Broke in round the back of the house and found the keys - do NOT leave your car keys somewhere obvious! Also took my computer but worst was my father's vintage watch which will not be replaceable. Not as bad a friends in Herne Hill who had their front door kicked in in broad daylight on Friday! No longer ever see a policeman round here and they closed my case within 24 hours as not solveable as no fingerprints an no sign of the car. One other good thing about stolen Macs is you can erase and lock them remotely. Been here since 1985 and had not been 'done' before - lucky I suppose.

Our front door was kicked in while we sleeping.

We've since had a London and Birmingham bars installed - and hinge bolts. I can't recommend these enough. On average in England 40% of burglaries occur by forcing the front door. For flats above 1st floor 99%.

Also worth completing this home security survey which only takes a few minutes but gives you a list of changes to make your home more secure - https://thecrimepreventionwebsite.com/home-security-assessment/468/home-security-survey--diy/