Delivery of parcels in East Dulwich

Jennys

This morning I was coming down the stairs when I saw a Royal Mail card come partly through the letterbox. Nobody had rung the bell, which was working. The card announced a special delivery parcel for a person unknown to me but with our address. As nobody of that name has lived here for at least 33 years, if ever, I do not understand how this has happened. If anyone knows K Doragh, (or I C Doragh) we have a card about their parcel, which is apparently at the delivery office in Highshore Road. Why did Royal Mail make no attempt to deliver the parcel, when I could have told them nobody of that name lived at our address? Or is this some kind of scam?

Jennys Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This morning I was coming down the stairs when I

> saw a Royal Mail card come partly through the

> letterbox. Nobody had rung the bell, which was

> working. The card announced a special delivery

> parcel for a person unknown to me but with our

> address. As nobody of that name has lived here for

> at least 33 years, if ever, I do not understand

> how this has happened. If anyone knows K Doragh,

> (or I C Doragh) we have a card about their parcel,

> which is apparently at the delivery office in

> Highshore Road. Why did Royal Mail make no attempt

> to deliver the parcel, when I could have told them

> nobody of that name lived at our address? Or is

> this some kind of scam?

if there's a tracking number on the card, i would enter it into https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/the track and trace on the royal mail website to see what comes up

I?ve been told that when this happens it?s because they don?t actually have it with them. They haven?t attempted to deliver it, they only ever had the red slip with them. A postal worker at Peckham sorting office told me that this is because they use ?a lot of agency staff and they can?t be trusted to take parcels as unfortunately there?s a lot of theft.?

Not ideal..

If that?s what they?re doing then it?s terrible! I?ve often wondered why they don?t try to deliver them, it happens a lot to us. I call and complain to Royal Mail and say that I?m in and they tend to send the driver back within a few hours.

I've had two red cards yesterday to say that I wasn't in when, in fact, I was only feet away from my front door.

No way did anyone try to deliver 2 parcels I have paid postage for.

And whilst we are at it....this means I have to DRIVE to Peckham to collect my parcels whilst this forum is debating the

problems of too many car journeys in this area.

I wonder how many car journeys this slack system is creating?

Time for some formal complaints to Royal Mail.

• 4 months later...
Today I got a message from Amazon to tell me RM tried to deliver my parcel at 8.49 and again (!) at 11. I was home on both occasions and no card has been left! I got the tracking details from Amazon but what is Royal Mail playing at? I have booked a redelivery for Saturday but am not holding my breath...

I've just looked at the Amazon parcel pickup locations for SE22 and environ. There are quite a few.

I've used the Peckham Argos for Ebay click & collect. I don't know if this available in the Sainsburys Argos counter as well?