Forum Sponsors

Glazer Delmar

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

www.no-flies.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
messageRe: Council parks to charge £2ph parking fee from 1 April
Posted by Jacqui5254 13 May, 2019 11:24

Thanks for this Simon.

Posted by spider69 27 May, 2019 12:49

Does any one know what is happening regarding the possible parking charge?

Has it be scrapped or are they still figuring out if they can inforce it on people.

Posted by singalto 27 May, 2019 19:34

I went to Dulwich Park last Tuesday and there was no sign of paying machines..

Posted by beansprout 27 May, 2019 22:56

I was talking to a couple of people and still abit cloudy but not going to have meters, pay by phone!

Posted by sally buying 28 May, 2019 08:26

What happens if you dont have an up to date phone with all the bits or do not have a phone?

Posted by Zig-Zag 28 May, 2019 13:03

Yet more discrimination against older people not up to speed with mobile technology or those with poor dexterity who can't use or don't want to use a phone to pay, eg. maybe have security concerns.

Posted by Rosetta 28 May, 2019 13:03

sally buying Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What happens if you dont have an up to date phone
> with all the bits or do not have a phone?

Perhaps you could ask this in the agonise Green Councillirs thread. Or ask Renata Hamvas.

Posted by Froglander January 12, 04:39PM

I see it took Southwark quite a while to bring this charge in, unless they meant April 1 this year.

Posted by peckhamside January 13, 03:43PM

The paper (see link in first post) prepared by head of parks and leisure is worth reading. Two key points-providing the car parks costs money and the people funding this should be the car park users (though it will also generate a healthy profit). Secondly charges will be competitive, significantly less than Brockwell Park.

Posted by peckhamside January 13, 03:56PM

Hi James, I support this charge, although I live near P.R. and doubtless people will park in my road instead!! My question is what do the Council plan to do about the service road to the car park. Lots of people park there, I suspect some have slept there in the past and then of course there are the Saturday evening family footballers (whom I think have been disgraceful harassed by local residents-probably on racial grounds). Will car parking charges apply to the access road or will it be no parking?
I am also concerned that this might lead to more parking on the road which will increase risk to cyclists.

Posted by Asset January 14, 08:50AM

I don't have too much of an issue with parking fee, discourage people from driving etc. However, the eyesore of the signposts is what bothers me. A black signpost every 2-3 metres along the grass verge on both sides is a little bit overkill, and presumably the meters are yet to be installed so that will be more furniture clogging the park.
There is a real problem with excessive street furniture and I wish it could be addressed.

Goto Page: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum