Forum Sponsors

www.facebook.com/dulwichecogardening
xxxx
Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Greendale development / DHFC
Posted by rahrahrah July 09, 08:49AM

yorksgirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sainsburys was built on what was at the time
> supposedly protected green space with public
> access to the whole space. How the Southwark
> councillors and officers swore on their very
> lives, at the time, that there would be no further
> loss of public space or access, ever. Grim to have
> to say this as a lifelong Labour voter but think
> open spaces locally were better protected under
> Lib Dems.

This ^

Posted by ed_pete July 09, 09:29AM

A I guess should be expected with a development of this size there are a huge number of weighty documents on the planning portal. However just to focus on the parking/car ownership.

There are planned to be 224 residential units as follows:

1 Bedroom - 2 Person 89
2 Bedroom - 3 Person 36
2 Bedroom - 4 Person 31
3 Bedroom - 4 Person 34
3 Bedroom - 5 Person 34

Apart from 7 disabled parking spaces (3%) there will no parking for any residents, which apparently is "is in accordance
with the draft New London Plan." There will also be no "on street resident and business car-parking permits."
There will be one - I repeat one - car club (i.e. zipcar-like) space.

This seems quite radical to me. I'm certainly no petrol-headed car-lover but a development that has no provision for parking for 224 flats, could damage their market-ability I would have thought.
The people purchasing the larger units are likely to be reasonably well-off and quite possible car owners already. Would they be prepared to sacrifice their car (or cars) ? What happens when you have a visitor (relative/healthcare/tradespeople) ? There doesn't seem to be any provision for that either.

I'd be interested to know if there are other similar developments in London, of this scale, that also have no car provision.

Posted by Abe_froeman July 09, 09:52AM

I guess they would have to park their cars in the unrestricted streets south-east of the so-called "East Dulwich Grove CPZ" if it hasn't already been expanded by the time these flats are built.

Adding parking pressure to a non=-CPZ area is something the council will relish and I can imagine this would encourage them to wave this application through, notwithstanding that three quarters of the proposed stadium seems to be located on the greendale playing fields around the edges of the existing astro turf.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum