Forum Sponsors

www.lilasjewels.co.uk
xxxx
http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

Glazer Delmar

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageStrange noise for the past week at 5am Colwell Rd/Playfield Cres
Posted by aandl March 14, 02:57PM

Has anyone else been woken up repeatedly over the past week at about 5am by a strange repetitive noise on Colwell Rd/Playfield Crescent? It's a bit like a bell or Tibetan bowl and I wonder if someone is doing some early morning yoga? I got up and went outside this morning and it definitely isn't something outside that is being blown by the wind (my first thought)but it's really annoying as it's surprisingly loud!

messageRe: Strange noise for the past week at 5am Colwell Rd/Playfield Cres
Posted by NewWave March 15, 11:35PM

sounds like early morning buddhist practise to me.
i used to practice a form of buddhism where I'd wake up and chant a mantra and pray this involved ringing a Tibetan style bowl at intervals throughout the prayer.

Posted by aandl March 26, 06:23AM

It could well be that but it is still waking us up every morning. We would very much appreciate it if the person doing this could continue the practice without the bowl as we are exhausted!

Posted by goldilocks March 26, 12:40PM

suspect that you are unlikely to get to the person via this forum - maybe drop leaflets through your neighbours letterboxes explaining that it wakes you up every day and could they perhaps find an alternative?

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum