We are trialing a dedicated East Dulwich COVID-19 Area on the forum here - please keep it useful.

Forum Sponsors

www.fabbeautelondon.com

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your East Dulwich doctor, dentist or butcher?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15
messageRe: Brown bin collection - Council starting to charge?
Posted by Callie January 13, 04:45PM

just put it in a black bin bag in the green bin if you can't wait, that is what I would do

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 13, 05:40pm by Callie.

Posted by RickB January 14, 12:43PM

I need to contact Southwark re. our complicated garden waste subscription situation - basically no sticker delivered despite sub paid in October - my phone calls are getting us nowhere!

Can anyone confirm that the correct email is wastemanagement@southwark.gov.uk, or would it be environment@southwark.gov.uk?

Posted by trinidad January 14, 11:39PM

why not send the email to both.

--------------------
The hottest place in the world

Posted by RickB January 15, 12:47PM

Oh I have - no answer for weeks. And weíve been brown bin-less since October, despite paying our sub. Itís like being stuck in a loop with no way out, utterly hopeless!

Posted by kiera January 15, 02:30PM

RickB - This is the sort of issue your councillor/s should be able to sort out for you.

Posted by RickB January 15, 06:52PM

Thanks kiera - thatís a good idea.

By coincidence this wardís surgery is tonight so I went along...no councillor turned up!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was january 15, 06:52pm by RickB.

Posted by katanita January 30, 11:28AM

What a joke. 17 days since I enquired with Southwark council about my missing garden bags (from my NOVEMBER order) and no response. Will try emailing but not hopeful given the experience of others above. Has anyone had any joy getting this system to work?

Posted by JessicaJ February 02, 07:22PM

It is an absolute joke. I also signed up in July last year. No bin and no sticker arrived. After several phone calls I got nowhere so I emailed both environment@southwark.gov.uk, complaints@southwark.gov.uk and cc'd in the Strategic Director of Environment and Leisure - Caroline.bruce@southwark.gov.uk. Another name you might want to add to any emails is Scott Fergusson - Waste Contract Performance Manager at Southwark Council. By raising an official complaint you will get your name in the system. Several different people emailed me and in October I was assured that my brown bin and sticker would arrive within 7 working days by a Business Support Officer with the Customer Resolutions Team. Guess what? I got not one but two brown bins and no sticker. Just when I was about to raise another complaint, my tenant finally reported that the sticker had arrived this week with a letter instructing to put it on your bin from 1 June 2019!! I just thought I'd have a quick check on EDF before I email again to request a refund for the six months without a garden waste service and I have the ammunition needed! I'm not a ED resident anymore but bringing this up with the ED councillors or MP sounds like a good idea. I suspect the Council just outsourced the service and have no idea / no care at all if it is being run effectively. They just want the extra revenue. I just hope other Councils don't go down the same route.

Posted by Peckhampam February 03, 08:39AM

Hi Jessica J. I am sorry for all the problems you have had with this, especially as I have always found the recycling service prompt and efficient. Your last line is that the council "just want the extra revenue". The cost for garden waste recycling in Southwark is much less than in many other boroughs. Also the extra revenue of course, is used for council services from which we all benefit.

Posted by katanita March 08, 08:11AM

I did eventually get my garden bags after lodging a complaint with Southwark.

Does anyone know how long it takes for them to pick up the bags once you arrange for a pickup? No info on the website. Wondering how long I'll have to store them for (especially with even more bad weather forecast). Thanks!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415
Current Page: 15 of 15

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum