Damage to Flats At ED Station

Would imagine that there is a higher likelihood of damage to flats built so close to the road, where large lorries have to pass multiple times a day (deliveries to the building supplies business behind). Also imagine though it was very apparent to people viewing before buying these properties, and that the damage will eventually be repaired by the insurer of the lorry drive.

indeed it was quite a shock to see that the brick is not, in fact, brick. Or was I being incredibly naive!

This has been widely discussed in an earlier thread, brick or stone cladding on buildings is very common - much of Bayswater is stone clad - it doesn't represent any form of cheap or skimped building works, necessarily, but reflects a finish which is deemed to be appropriate. It can allow for levels of e.g. insulation far better than any apparent surface finish. Think of it as being a tiled finish - as indeed buildings in e.g. Kent often have tiled walls.

The new damage is further up the road and has torn off a narrow strip of the metal cladding. Problem is it's unlikely they'll catch the person who did it. So maybe it goes on the service charge.

This was designed in - they encroached across the road as far as they possibly could get away with.

Is this the 3rd or indeed the 4th time that the lorries delivering to Buildbase have smashed the corner flat.

These must be the shoddiest build quality of any building I have ever seen.

And badly designed give the narrow road and business at the end of it.

As a warning to prospective purchasers, they are made out of plasterboard, insulation and a skim of fake brick cladding. And all for ?450K min.

Think I posted more or less this a while ago. Looks very shoddy and dangerous . People who have already bought must be raising concerns surely? Also Southwark must have a role and responsibility in this somewhere.

Crystal Matt Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is this the 3rd or indeed the 4th time that the

> lorries delivering to Buildbase have smashed the

> corner flat.

> These must be the shoddiest build quality of any

> building I have ever seen.

> And badly designed give the narrow road and

> business at the end of it.

> As a warning to prospective purchasers, they are

> made out of plasterboard, insulation and a skim of

> fake brick cladding. And all for ?450K min.