P13 Bus Route - Underhill Road

Beware of P13 bus-stops that no longer display the 'bus-stop closed' notice but now display the time-table leading people to think the works are complete. This morning I met about 4/5 people who had been waiting for at least 20 minutes for a P13 that never came, because although the bus-stops are no longer closed, the diversion is still being applied.

Is someone at TFL Head Office having a laugh at our expense?

Fed up? That's putting it mildly!

Perhaps TFL should spend more time running a good service, than 'evening out the service' (What ever that means!!!!)

See https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/status/

Route P13 is diverted due to the closure of Underhill Road for roadworks. Alternative stops are Lordship Lane Estate or Crystal Palace Road.

RYE LANE, SE15: Route P13 is diverted due to a closure on Rye Lane for gas main works. Services towards New Cross are diverted via Lyndhurst Way and Peckham High Street, missing out stops between Blenheim Grove and The Aylesham Centre. Services towards Streatham are diverted via Lyndhurst Way, Holly Grove and Bellenden Road, missing out stops between Peckham Post Office and Chadwick Road.

BUT UNDERHILL ROAD IS NOT CLOSED! Sorry to shout, but I've been driving up and down the full length of Underhill for the last 3 days - there is a small area which is coned off (less than half the road width, about a car's length)- the road way has been repaired and there is no work going on at all. Neither are there any signs showing the road to be closed or any diversion signs. Lorries etc. are happily driving up and down - it is only the P13 which is diverting, and there has been no need for that, as I said, for at least 3 days. Even when there was work going on, it didn't close the road. This is different from the closure last week, where the road was marked as closed and there were diversions in place. TFL is being entirely ridiculous.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

TFL is being

> entirely ridiculous.

TfL may have considered it not wide enough for one of their single decker buses to go along that stretch of road. It's bad enough when it's open when the traffic snarls up as a P13 squeezes between cars along there.

It's wide enough for all other traffic, including lorries, to 'squeeze' through. But my point is, the road isn't closed. Underhill has always been a 'bit of a squeeze' - but this small space coned off is occupying no more room than a parked car or van, in a place where vans or cars can legally park! And there is no work going on - the area blocked off looks to have been fully repaired and the road restored. Of course Thames Water should remove their blockage - but surely TFL could have required this of them. Or is TFL looking for an excuse to close down the Underhill bit of the P13 route south of Barry? In which case all the whining about - 'why don't you take the bus?' by the Southwark anti-car mavens looks a little weak. The buses on Underhill do have to negotiate parked cars, of course, but this blockage is no more than a parked car.

P68, thanks for the confirmation, it has been an utterly ridiculous state of affairs with the amount of inconvenience it has/is causing. The sooner tfl get this rectified and it returns to its normal route the better.

Penguin68 Wrote:

> BUT UNDERHILL ROAD IS NOT CLOSED! Sorry to shout,

> but I've been driving up and down the full length

> of Underhill for the last 3 days - there is a

> small area which is coned off (less than half the

> road width, about a car's length)- the road way

> has been repaired and there is no work going on at

> all. Neither are there any signs showing the road

> to be closed or any diversion signs. Lorries etc.

> are happily driving up and down - it is only the

> P13 which is diverting, and there has been no need

> for that, as I said, for at least 3 days. Even

> when there was work going on, it didn't close the

> road. This is different from the closure last

> week, where the road was marked as closed and

> there were diversions in place. TFL is being

> entirely ridiculous.

I have emailed a complaint to tfl this week , and going to ring them on Monday . If we can get more people doing emailing or ringing , it will help , they need telling that there is no roadworks on underhill road,and having no warnings on these bus stops is disgraceful. But no excuses now tfl, we need to get in touch with them..

Can you post their contact details, thanks

Applepears Wrote:

> I have emailed a complaint to tfl this week , and

> going to ring them on Monday . If we can get more

> people doing emailing or ringing , it will help ,

> they need telling that there is no roadworks on

> underhill road,and having no warnings on these bus

> stops is disgraceful. But no excuses now tfl, we

> need to get in touch with them..