New Dulwich website

I'm working on a new website for the area which will be located at www.ilovedulwich.com

Features that will be on the site will include:

- news & events

- local business directory

- things to do (arts/culture, sports/leisure, special interest)

- things to see/visit in the local area

- recycle/swap section

- classified ads

- forum

I'm interested to hear about other features that people would like to see on a site for the local area such as this.

Thanks.

I think there may be a forum in the area already but I may be wrong. Perhaps you could contact the creators of this site and see if there's any partnership opportunities, they seem to have a pretty good idea on how to do things...

To be fair, the posting below did appear in the 'talk' section of the lordshiplane.co.uk website some months back..

Glass houses / stones / etc

The East Dulwich Forum is live, to go there please search for 'East Dulwich Forum' on Google. The forum is free, so please use it to chat, source, discuss or just have a good gossip...

mark (East Dulwich, England: [email protected]) - 18/09/06 10:59:11

indeed it did. However I did drop Steve at Lordship Lane.co.uk and other local publishers an email offering help and potential partnerships. Anyway whilst I was writing my cocky comment above I received a pleasant personal message from spookstudio so I take it all back

I've already been in touch with Mark about some sort of colloboration so no need to worry you loyal folk.

And no I'm not about to start a chain of other sites. I'm doing this as I live in the area and wanted one site that brought all the best bits of other sites together and gave them a shiny new look. As well as adding some new features.

Watch this space.

I think it sounds good, and it doesn't need to be a rival forum, there's plenty of room on the world wide web for everyone!

You're suggesting some good ideas (like the swap/recycle idea), just offer things that this forum isn't, and everyone's happy :)-D

Joe Likes Dinner. I'd like to be first to register an interest in your premium Dulwich soil. I'm going to need some for some raised beds I'm making in the new garden.

I'll speak to you about it at football soon hopefully (not sure when as I'm currently ruled out for a few weeks with 'acute lumbago and sciatica'. (Lumbago! Isn't it only old people in the 1950s that get that??)

I should've sent this in a private message shouldn't I?