Forum Sponsors

www.facebook.com/dulwichecogardening
xxxx
http://www.ellyallen.com/

https://www.veeve.com/london/become-a-host

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: CPZ...the results are in.....brace yourselves....
Posted by Monkey April 12, 03:41PM

Tell me about it, Sporthuntor. Trying to get councillors to answer my very simple questions on secondary school places. Impossible to get any of them to answer.

Posted by Pugwash April 12, 04:38PM

I did hear from one councillor that further consultations will be made with residents around the station area as to whether it is to be an all day or part day CPZ - I got the impression that Southwark were looking at a 11 - 1 pm CPZ.

Also you notice in the consultation that schools had raised concerns that a CPZ will have an impact of teacher recruitment/stability.

Posted by 1921 April 14, 02:02PM

Hi James

Can you please find out if the whole day CPZ does not come into place and it is reduced to 2 hours as was the majority vote how the council plan to deal with the problem of people parking and then paying at a later time. I am aware of several people who park at Herne Hill and set phone alarm reminders to pay for the parking at noon.

Thank you

Posted by Jacqui5254 April 14, 02:25PM

Surely a 'no return within [a certain time period]', as is common on many signs, would ensure that the driver has to move the car?

1921 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi James
>
> Can you please find out if the whole day CPZ does
> not come into place and it is reduced to 2 hours
> as was the majority vote how the council plan to
> deal with the problem of people parking and then
> paying at a later time. I am aware of several
> people who park at Herne Hill and set phone alarm
> reminders to pay for the parking at noon.
>
> Thank you

Posted by goldilocks April 14, 04:20PM

You need to look at the proposals for the street you are concerned about on this. Herne Hill May all be resident or pay and display, the East Dulwich cpz were a mix of pay and display only, resident only, and pay and display and residents only. The latter category would be affected in the scenario you describe.

Posted by MarkT April 14, 11:06PM

The "no return rule" will only work if the maximum parking period is less than the CPZ hours. E.g CPZ operates 12-2pm; maximum pay to park time 1 hour. If you are allowed to park for the full controlled period, you can park all day and pay by phone.

There is however another problem. Some of the pay to park bays, e.g. by the shops at the North section of Melbourne Grove, are also open to resident permit holders. With the loss of parking space from double yellow lines, residents will, no doubt, occupy those dual purpose bays. A resident weekend driver could block a dual purpose bay for the whole week, leaving no space for shoppers.

Short term, however that may not come to light. Residents do not all immediately buy their permits. Why buy a permit
if you can park a few streets away for free. When the CPZ starts, the Council can take nice photos to show 40% reduction in parked cars to prove it "works", with neighbouring streets parked to capacity, so the council can take lovely photos to show the nightmare of uncontrolled parking.

Posted by singalto April 14, 11:45PM

Weve seen a substantial increase in council tax, an unwanted CPZ is creeping in, we are going to be charge for the disposal of garden waste and parking charges in our local parks is being introduced. What else can the council charge for next? Oh well, we have the extended ULEZ to look forward to!

Posted by Curmudgeon April 15, 08:32AM

Surely any roads not covered by the restrictions will suffer from excessive demand in the future

And a whole day parking strategy is fairly extreme based on the consultation and the impact on our local shops.

This does seem rather a debatable conclusion to a public vote given the information contained within the report

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit was april 16, 01:04pm by Curmudgeon.

Posted by nxjen April 15, 08:47AM

It was not a public vote, nor a referendum, it was a consultation.

Posted by Reg Smeeton April 15, 09:25AM

Sorry to be dim, but can somebody explain to me the colour coding of the roads in the map: what does red/green/blue represent (I can't see a key anywhere).

Posted by MarkT April 15, 09:57AM

Reg, there's an "overview map" which includes the key, and shows the layout of maps 1-5

Posted by Reg Smeeton April 15, 10:09AM

Now I'm being really dim - I clicked on the link in the OP - where is this overview map? Which page? All I see is Fig 2, 3 etc - each with roads highlighted in red blue or green. I don't see a key anywhere.

But I'll be happy if somebody just tells me:
Green = ?
Blue = ?
Red = ?

MarkT Wrote:
> Reg, there's an "overview map" which includes the
> key, and shows the layout of maps 1-5

Posted by Charles Martel April 15, 10:13AM

Reg Smeeton Wrote:
> Now I'm being really dim - I clicked on the link
> in the OP - where is this overview map? Which
> page? All I see is Fig 2, 3 etc - each with roads
> highlighted in red blue or green. I don't see a
> key anywhere.
>
> But I'll be happy if somebody just tells me:
> Green = ?
> Blue = ?
> Red = ?

Figure 2 shows, based on responses, majority support in green, majority against in red, and undecided in blue.

Posted by MarkT April 15, 10:39AM

Reg,
sorry, I misread your query. (I thought you were referring to the consultation pack)
The last paragraph on page 3, quoted by Charles Martel, also applies to all the other maps
MarkT,

Posted by Jules-and-Boo April 16, 09:49AM

if anything, it should be free parking up to an hour (for visits to doctor, pharma etc)....you get a little sticker saying what time you arrived and put it in the window.

Posted by AylwardS April 16, 10:33AM

1921 As has been said a no return rule will stop people paying to park from parking and then setting a reminder as it stops a vehicle parking all day. The same no return rule can be applied to either shared use or paid for bays. The order for zone Q (Dog Kennel Hill) has the following and Id expect a similar provision in the East Dulwich CPZ order if its part day.

to provide 'shared-use' parking places, in which either:- (i) vehicles which have paid the parking charge of 2.75 per hour (using 'Pay by Phone') may be left for up to two hours (provided no vehicle may return to a parking place on that same day), or (ii) vehicles issued with a valid residents' permit, valid business permit or valid visitors' permit may be left without time limit, between the hours of 11 am and 1 pm on Mondays to Fridays inclusive, in:

As you can see no vehicle that has paid can not stay more than the two hour limit, I believe someone could park in the morning, call and pay but when the paid for time was up they cant park any longer in the same place so could not park all day. We dont live in one of the roads with bays but there certainly was nothing said on here after the zone was introduced to indicate problems with people parking all day. Residents or their visitors with a permit can stay as long as they need. I think that should stop what you ask about.

Posted by MarkT April 16, 11:53AM

"Providing no vehicle may return to a parking place on that same day"

So the parking charges operate for 2 hours - 11am to 1pm. But, even if you pay to park for those 2 hours you can then be fined for staying for more than 2, or returning, any time on the same day, when the parking is free.

"no vehicle" includes permit holders, so they could also be fined, for using a shared space twice in a day.

That looks like not a 2 hour/5 day but a 24/7 restriction. Would it allow free parking from 1.01pm till midnight?

It does, however seem that residents can't totally block the shared-use bay, so along with all the double yellow lines residents are losing quite a lot of parking.
MarkT

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum