Bank holiday noise

Sue

It was so peaceful earlier.

Beautiful day, no planes, no traffic noise, no kids kicking off.

Until somebody in the Crystal Palace Road/North Cross Road area decided to start drilling and hammering outside.

Whoever you are, I genuinely hope the outcome of your DIY was worth disturbing everybody else's peace.

Signed, Grumpy Old Woman who has had to close her back door and windows and can't sit in the garden because of the noise.

It is nice when it's peaceful, so I always get up early and sit outside.

People will get up and do things - it is often the only chance they get. I'll be strimming the garden, having a garden party (don't worry, outside of London) and no doubt the kids will be making loads of noise

My house is busy from 6am to midnight, often later, so I have to make an effort to find a quiet moment - I can hear the birds singing as I sit here in the sunshine, with the dog snoring....

oh no - hold that - the teenager's just walked in ...... moment over....

Lovely quiet day yesterday (apart from the dog who barks continuously when his owners leave) as the crew doing the loft extension opposite had the day off.

All last summer had three lots of kitchen extension/loft work done at once by three neighbours. Really disturbing. Made a polite comment about it to one owner who replied "well, you must expect that when you live near a building site" as if I'd chosen the whole arrangement myself.