Nearest bluebell woods to ED?

Passiflora Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Do you mean Greendale gumshoe? I've always known

> the area to be Greendale but seems it's now known

> as Green Dale?

Ah you?re right! It?s absolutely glorious right now.

It's a little way out of town but Westerham in Kent has huge areas of woodland nearby - Westerham Woods itself but then The Chart (Limpsfield), Squerry's Park and Toy's Hill and they're all superb for bluebells. Toy's Hill has good car parking, pubs nearby etc but there are miles and miles of random footpaths through woodland around that area. It's always a carpet of blue this time of year, looks stunning.

The former Bethlem Hospital

Which one? There were at least 4 sites for Bedlam - including what is now The Imperial War Museum. Bethlem Royal Hospital (aka St Mary Bethlehem) in Beckenham is the current site - and is still a working hospital, part of the South London and Maudsley Trust - with fine grounds and a central House which acts as a Museum (Museum of the Mind).

https://www.nhs.uk/Services/hospitals/Overview/DefaultView.aspx?id=RV505

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Can you just queue up to withdraw cash or are other transactions like stamp purchasing required?  Do M&S do cash back?
    • Or don't stop using cash. Stop using your phone or even your watch as a banknote. At the same time avoid the risk of having your card cloned at cash points, by hand held card readers, oyster readers and point-of sale terminals to name a few. God only knows how much damage we're doing to the planet because all the above must require a hell of a lot of resources and juice from the grid. It won't happen though. I know of quite a few people who deem carrying cash about as a pain/ chore. But not a big lump of plastic with a screen and full of personal information that can be easily gleamed. I feel the same about carrying a phone about so i don't most of the time. I'll be in the minority but certainly don't see or treat a phone as a necessity.  You can't get a banknote out of your sky rocket with a phone in your hand. It's become a source of dopamine for many. It's an addiction for many. They're an easy target for thieves. They're a godsend to cyber fraudsters who are stealing billions and are doing so without the need of cash points.
    • There used to be an Osteopath at The Gardens (not physio) but they have since left.
    • I have a vague memory that the bird was called snowball 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In