Gails Bakery smell

Love the bread and pastries but even if I run in quickly for bread you need to wash all clothes and hair as they must have no extraction, there is a strong unpleasant smell that lingers in clothes.

I have not had this in any of the other Gails, does anyone else find this annoying

wolis Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> My wife also complains of the smell. We think it

> is of fried onions

I'm not sure they have fried onions on the menu, It's a strange smell, never smelt it anywhere else. Good to hear I'm not alone. Popped in to buy pumpernickel today and need to wash my hair before bed...

Not to dismiss your concerns about the smell, but has anyone spoken to the owner about it before coming on here and complaining?

It may be something they can easily rectify if they are made aware of it, where as comments on a public forum may not be read by them and potentially will harm their business

IMHO a quick quiet word with a business usually works first before public humiliation 🤐

They aren't an individual, so I hardly think "public humiliation" is fitting here.

It might be worth asking about this odour. It doesn't seem natural. I'm not a customer, however, as I don't like their bread.