The Grove Pub.

Hello. I've just joined and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction. 'The Grove' Pub,on the South Circular Rd,near Dulwich park,opposite Streatham C.C. has been closed for some time now. The old Pub sign is still there and I'm wondering who to contact with a view to purchasing it. This was the pub where I met my future wife at Xmas 1990,we married in 1995 but she died in 2011. I have recently moved house and would really like the sign to put up in my garden room as the focal point of a memorial to her memory. Any advice would be appreciated. THank you.

I read that as you wanting to buy the pub itself! But lovely idea, and Dulwich Estates are the people to contact, good luck

jeff1946 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hello. I've just joined and am hoping someone can

> point me in the right direction. 'The Grove'

> Pub,on the South Circular Rd,near Dulwich

> park,opposite Streatham C.C. has been closed for

> some time now. The old Pub sign is still there and

> I'm wondering who to contact with a view to

> purchasing it. This was the pub where I met my

> future wife at Xmas 1990,we married in 1995 but

> she died in 2011. I have recently moved house and

> would really like the sign to put up in my garden

> room as the focal point of a memorial to her

> memory. Any advice would be appreciated. THank

> you.

As others have said, Dulwich Estate is the freeholder and has been trying to redevelop the site for housing for a while. There is apparently still a current pubco leaseholder but hasn?t been active at the site since the fire. Def start with the Dulwich Estate office.

Good luck in finding someone interested. Given that it?s unlikely to re-open, I?d be half-tempted to rock up with a high vis vest, some cones and a ladder and liberate the sign. You?d get more attention from people praying it?s the first step in a refurbishment than anyone official.

Yeah, I'd just turn up with a ladder and a toolbox, and take it down myself. If anyone else actually wanted it, it would already be gone.

Actually, a pub sign such as this has commercial value (and may even be listed, if the building itself is). Taking it is theft, for which you could be prosecuted. The fact that something hasn't already been stolen doesn't mean it is available to steal without consequence.

jeff1946 Wrote:

> They've suggested I should contact Harvesters

> and/or the Managing Agents. Will try that

> tomorrow.

They suggested you contact Harvester? The pub hasn't been a Harvester for a while, well before it closed - the pubco which has the lease on the Grove is Stonegate as far as I recall (see https://www.southwarknews.co.uk/news/residents-want-answers-future-dulwichs-old-grove-tavern/).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A hard to let flat.

JohnL Wrote:

> jimbo1964 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Possibly luxury flats?

>

> whats a non-luxury flat. :)