P4 To Brixton

I go to Victoria from that area although I don't have to get onto the Victoria line; at the moment, that's painful with the one-way system. My quickest way is on my bike... although I do take other routes reasonably often.

The P4 from there is often packed and there are days where you just can't get on. The bus tracker apps often suggest 29 minutes but it's usually closer to 40. The longest part of the journey is the bit to North Dulwich - it can take 10 minutes to get to Dulwich Common and then another 10-15 to get to North Dulwich Station.

If you don't mind the one-way system at Victoria (top tip - queue for the lift down rather than joining the very long line for the escalators), then I find it faster to go along to Denmark Hill and get a train - or go to Sydenham Hill (nicer walk through the woods than to West Dulwich)

School holidays can be frustrating for another reason. Because there?s little traffic, the buses get ahead of the timetable. This means they wait at bus stops for several minutes to regulate the service. However, it?s definitely quicker; 25-30 mins.

you could think about walking through Dulwich Park and picking the P4 up in Dulwich Village. If the traffic is bad you could walk on to North Dulwich, or pick it up at any of the stops between the park gates and North Dulwich?

Walking to dulwuch village wouldn't be an option for me at the mo as I carry a heavy bag for work, deffo an option on way home maybe..can't believe it takes doo long to reach Brixton, but I will deffo try next week.