Injured pigeon outside dulwich library

You could try the below - quoted from this site: https://www.londonwildlifeprotection.org/found-an-animal/

Before calling us please:

Ensure bird/animal is moved out of danger

Place bird in a closed and ventilated cardboard box(make lots of holes)

Place tissues under the bird to help soak any droppings

Put bird/animal in a safe place at room temperature

Place a bowl of water for bird/animal to drink to prevent dehydration

Do not feed pigeons meat/dairy products

Do not squirt water into the mouths of birds or animals; it will make them ill and may kill them

Then Call LWP on 07909 795064

In the past we've take birds to this rescue (see below) - more details on their website http://www.savethepigeons.org/sickbirds.html

8 Vermont Road

Sutton

Surrey SM1 3EQ

tiddles Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> rspca website does

> not help much.

I have phoned the RSPCA about an injured bird in my garden before and they responded very quickly. Local officers are based not far away from East Dulwich.

• 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I'm looking for a guitar teacher for my 17 year old son. In terms of music that he likes, he says he's interested in learning fingerpicking (although I guess he needs to learn the basics first!). He listens to quite a lot of acoustic guitar stuff as well as indie stuff, has a curious interest in Japanese pop and loves folk too. Ideally we would be looking for someone who could do one-to-one lessons at my flat, which is 5 minutes walk from Honor Oak tube station.
    • Enforcement for both drivers and cyclists low priority for the police and our local politicians. Not my decision.  I'd happily make those that don't know or bother with mirror signal manoeuvre, or cut corners, resit their test, but that would be 90 percent of drivers so would overwhelmed the system and lead to civil unrest.  A more straightforward response would be to put the car in a crusher but that would be even less popular.  I'll consult the old testament to see what else could be done 
    • The rubbish in Sainsbury's bags is from a house across the road, this is considered fly-tipping, have other photos with garden rubbish, paint bucket and BBQ, this has been happening for a long time!
    • I've seen many wild life programmes and clips where ducklings are released into ponds or lakes and other ducks will take them on as their own and care for them 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In