Burgled last night (31st May 2019)

Please be careful to double lock doors . Lock was picked while sleeping, door left open for a 1/2 hour then someone else entered house and stole bag laptop only in for couple minutes before leaving 😡please be vigilant.if anyone knows this guy pm me please

How awful.

Worth hardening your home now as burglars sometimes revisit once items are estimated to have been replaced. Also greater propensity for them ostrich at neighbours as they know the layout of typical home and burglars consider neighbouring properties to have similar items. So please do tell neighbours to alert them. The police used ot do this but they're not reliable at this.

also worth people going through this home security survey put together by retired crime prevention police officer. Takes five minutes but gives really good advice about home security -https://thecrimepreventionwebsite.com/home-security-assessment/468/home-security-survey--diy/

Sorry to hear this. Looks like the same guy who tried doors up and down Frankfurt Road a few nights ago. Not the first time he?s been caught on video and reported to the police, but they?ve had no luck picking him up.

The problem we don?t have enough police to look anymore:(.could do with some police targeting area if he?s been caught on camera a few times . That?s same guy who entered house a younger guy had picked the lock earlier ready for him to come in. Hope police are linking these all together do you know what time the other one happened . This was 4.30 and 5 in morning.

macutd Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> what do you mean by Double lock?

Locking with more than a Yale Lock. A mortice lock needs to be used in conjunction, otherwise your insurance is invalidated.

Yes, as an absolute minimum, a night latch (like a Yale type) and a good mortice lock made to BS3621.

"A 5 lever mortice lock is an absolute essential for front and back doors. Many insurance companies specify that as a minimum a BS3621 five-lever mortice lock must be fitted to all external doors. ... Most mortice locks have a lever mechanism - the key operates a series of levers that open and close the bolt."

I have bullied all my friends and relatives to have a yale type and two mortice locks - one mortice near the top, the yale in the centre and one mortice near the bottom. The one at the bottom, say 50cm off the floor improves the security when the door is kicked. A good lock shop (e.g. Callow - I'm a satisfied customer only) will make up two mortice locks that work off the same key to make life a bit easier for you.

In addition I have two rack bolts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

the problem is having to leave the door unbolted until the early hours for the youngsters to get back in after their shenanigans.....

will just have to chubb it as well..

really thinking about getting one of those ring door bells tho.

I got burgled a few years back on Underhill Road on a top floor flat. I had a Yale and mortice lock and they just booted the door down. In the afternoon and zero shits given on noise.

My front door was just an internal door and so not as solid as a solid wood door, obviously, but defo worth being mindful of for flat owners.

fatwhite Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I got burgled a few years back on Underhill Road

> on a top floor flat. I had a Yale and mortice lock

> and they just booted the door down. In the

> afternoon and zero shits given on noise.

>

> My front door was just an internal door and so not

> as solid as a solid wood door, obviously, but defo

> worth being mindful of for flat owners.

It's not just the door - I live in similar type of flat and my doors pretty solid.

I found out a few years ago that the frame was attached to the build structure with only half the number of bolts required and a shoulder charge would take the frame out.

I found out a few years ago that the frame was attached to the build structure with only half the number of bolts required and a shoulder charge would take the frame out.

For an internal, upstairs, door, that sort of construction makes sense in case of fire - when you absolutely want a fireman to be able to gain access. That's the problem with some conversions (if yours is) - what makes safety sense doesn't necessarily make security sense. You have to find your balance.