Forum Sponsors

www.no-flies.co.uk

www.dulwichcarpetcompany.co.uk

www.inshutters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Penalty Charge notice for taking left turn..
Posted by sunbob June 10, 10:37PM

The photo of your car looks like it is not at that corner but the one opposite, making an illegal left turn from Peckham Rye South bound into East Dulwich road, because there is grass instead of a building and 2 black uprights close to eachother on the pavement.

Posted by matthew123 June 10, 10:45PM

Nah there is enough in the photo for them to work out it's taking a left turn at the junction from East Dulwich Road onto Peckham Rye.

Posted by sunbob June 10, 10:49PM

It's definitely not that corner. If you expand you can even make out the small fence post on the grass.

Posted by matthew123 June 10, 11:05PM

I've just gone onto the web site to the challenge it, and the photos are clearer and I've made a mistake. It's on the other corner (the one corner you cannot turn left). I recollect now a few weeks ago driving down Peckham Rye and there was a huge log jam, did a u-turn and took an illegal left turn.. in the other photos you can see a van in front of me has led the way with a left turn as well. Ouch! They must have a made a lot of money that day the council :-(

Posted by Blackcurrant June 10, 11:08PM

Yes you're turning left from Peckham rye onto ED rd. It's been fun trying to solve the mystery - good you cracked it yourself. You'll have to cough up.

I've had quite a few fines from turnings and one way streets in bermondsey due to not knowing the streets and not seeing the signs in time. Pain in the neck.

Posted by matthew123 June 10, 11:11PM

Lucky I saw the option of challenging it online to see the clearer photos otherwise I'd be heading towards 200 fine. So I'm putting this experience down to saving myself 135!

Posted by Blackcurrant June 10, 11:19PM

I've challenged private parking fines and won, buy they are known to be a racket. I wouldn't ever bother challenging southwark's network of spycams.

Posted by Cora June 26, 11:57AM

Maybe someone could help explain why I have got a Penalty Notice for turning right from Peckham Rye Junction onto East Dulwich Road. 'Failing to drive in the direction shown by the arrow on a blue sign'. I'm sure you can usually turn right? If it was a blue sign would that be temporary one?.....

Wish I hadn't gone to the re-cycling centre....should have called bulk waste collection for 16!

Posted by RichH June 26, 12:05PM

You're not allowed to turn right, or left there (assuming you were heading Southbound at the Kings Arms junction.) The vertical white arrow on the blue sign means ahead only. It's not a temporary sign.

messageRe: Penalty Charge notice for taking left turn..attachment
Posted by ed_pete June 26, 12:07PM

Yep - no right turn - ahead only.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 26, 12:09pm by ed_pete.

Attachments: 2019-06-26_12-05-51.jpg (89.6KB)  
Posted by Cora June 26, 08:31PM

Yep, thanks....completely missed that! Thanks for showing how clear it is!! Time to pay up.....

Posted by Ontherun June 27, 09:22PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was june 28, 07:40am by Ontherun.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum