Has anyone received their garden/brown bin sticker?

Hi all,

For those who have paid the fee to have garden waste collection from beg of June - has anyone received their bin sticker? Or their food caddy? If so, did the council just turn up with it? Thanks!

I wonder if the stickers will be unique for each address. If not, then it wouldn't surprise me if some people claim that theirs hasn't arrived or have been lost etc but in realty they have given it to a family member or neighbour

Yup, after March and a new tax year, the subscription fee will likely rise as the ?25 was essentially an ?intro offer?. Those who subscribe will get a sticker for their brown bin so their garden waste is collected. Those without a sticker will have their brown bin taken away I believe. Food can no longer go in the big garden brown bin and so if you want, you can request a smaller food caddy free of charge.

Council says the stickers will be sent out 'shortly.' Odd, since the period we're paying for has already started and we've not been sent the outdoor caddy for food waste yet. So we're forced to continue putting it in the large bin and, no doubt, they'll refuse to take it. Brilliant service again by Southwark.

So we're forced to continue putting it in the large bin and, no doubt, they'll refuse to take it.

Rather the opposite in my case - they took the bagged kitchen waste and left a rose branch (the only garden waste I had put in the bin) - and yes, I have paid the ransom (as soon as the system started to work). On Tuesday this week.

I cannot understand how Southwark have managed to print leaflets, market the scheme online, charge and take money for the service but yet not have the necessary equipment available to make it actually useable. I'd love to get to the bottom of who is overseeing this.

We received the first letter promising more info and how to sign up but got nothing.

Our brown bin is still being collected so it fell off our radar completely!

How do we sign up and pay? Southwark Council website?

Thanks

Sorry if I've missed it, but what is happening re the brown bags?

Do you have to pay this annual fee even if you have already paid for the bags?

I put out one brown bag on Tuesday (leftover from the free ones) and it wasn't collected.

You don?t pay the ?25 if you use the brown bags as you now have to pay for them. As far as I understand, you then have to arrange for the brown bags to be collected the way bulky waste is collected but it is free. More lorries on the road emptying brown bins, food caddies and collecting brown bags sounds like the perfect way to reduce pollution!!!

singalto Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You don?t pay the ?25 if you use the brown bags as

> you now have to pay for them. As far as I

> understand, you then have to arrange for the brown

> bags to be collected the way bulky waste is

> collected but it is free. More lorries on the road

> emptying brown bins, food caddies and collecting

> brown bags sounds like the perfect way to reduce

> pollution!!!

How odd. You would think the people emptying the brown bins would take any garden bags left out as well, wouldn't you?

That seems like a very complicated and expensive system to run (and, as you say, more lorries).

Sue Wrote:

> singalto Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > You don?t pay the ?25 if you use the brown bags

> as

> > you now have to pay for them. As far as I

> > understand, you then have to arrange for the

> brown

> > bags to be collected the way bulky waste is

> > collected but it is free. More lorries on the

> road

> > emptying brown bins, food caddies and

> collecting

> > brown bags sounds like the perfect way to

> reduce

> > pollution!!!

>

>

> How odd. You would think the people emptying the

> brown bins would take any garden bags left out as

> well, wouldn't you?

>

> That seems like a very complicated and expensive

> system to run (and, as you say, more lorries).

From reading the Southwark website it seems the refuse cabs should have details of all the brown bin subscribers & so will only stop & collect at those properties. This means that brown bag collections must be booked to be added to that weeks route. I?m guessing this is why food waste has to go in the small bin now. As often happens now these will be gathered up by a walking collection in advance of the refuse lorry.

Where this has really gone wrong is if you have paid up and subscribed but do not yet have a brown bin but do have some brown bags.

It is not clear if your brown bags will be collected in the usual way, until such time as a brown bin appears? And, once the bags run out are you expected to buy more until the brown bin appears? I am hoping and assuming that it is not now a case of having to buy more bags as well as organise pick-ups, despite having paid for the garden waste service?

first mate Wrote:

> Where this has really gone wrong is if you have

> paid up and subscribed but do not yet have a brown

> bin but do have some brown bags.

>

> It is not clear if your brown bags will be

> collected in the usual way, until such time as a

> brown bin appears? And, once the bags run out are

> you expected to buy more until the brown bin

> appears? I am hoping and assuming that it is not

> now a case of having to buy more bags as well as

> organise pick-ups, despite having paid for the

> garden waste service?

Based in what happened to Sue above, it seems like they ignoring the paper bags. What a shambles this is.