Forum Sponsors

https://www.gokayfitness.com/class

www.facebook.com/dulwichecogardening

www.littleloud.org

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Horniman Gardens - Proposed changes to the Gardens
Posted by AylwardS July 13, 04:43PM

A reminder you have until 22nd JULY 2019 to provide your feedback, positive or negative.
You can read more about these plans online or via a display in the Museum -
[horniman.ac.uk]

This is informal consultation and there will be formal planning consultation but its worth making your views known.

The visitor numbers are more than they anticipated so there will be changes and in the main they look ok from my point of view but we all use the museum and gardens. differently.

Good point from Angelina about children being managed visiting at certain times or maybe certain areas could be kept child free. The gardens are big enough and people could then chose where / when to visit.

Posted by dbboy July 22, 03:02PM

Its the final opportunity to make post any thoughts you have about the changes to the Horniman Museum and Gardens, pls take the time to let them know what you think about the "proposed" changes.

Posted by savvygirl July 22, 05:32PM

I think it is proposed that there is direct access from the old boating lake area onto the nature trail. The nature trail itself is an area of biodiversity, a place of tranquillity for varied species of wildlife. My concern is that if it is used by parents, their kiddies and their dogs as just another cut through to London Road that peace and tranquillity will be lost. I really think the nature trail should be protected and access onto it restricted within certain hours, which I believe is the case at present.

Posted by EPB October 05, 12:59PM

Awulfhound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
As to Dulwich's common.. it's mostly a golf course. You won't have a problem with crowds there
but what a grossly wasteful use of inner London land. Nothing against golf, but go play it in
> Suffolk or Scotland or somewhere.
And then we wonder why the parks are crowded.

It’s not actually “mostly a golf course”. If you look it up on a map you’ll see that sports
grounds and playing fields take up an almost equal amount of space.

Posted by EPB October 05, 01:11PM

Awulfhound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
“As to Dulwich's common.. it's mostly a golf course. You won't have a problem with crowds there
but what a grossly wasteful use of inner London land. Nothing against golf, but go play it in
> Suffolk or Scotland or somewhere.
And then we wonder why the parks are crowded.”

It’s not actually “mostly a golf course”. If you look it up on a map you’ll see that sports grounds and
playing fields take up an almost equal amount of space.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was october 05, 01:12pm by EPB.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum