Forum Sponsors

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com
xxxx
www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

www.advancedpainters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
messageLoud Police sirens
Posted by Humdinger June 28, 10:11AM

Hi guys,

Is anyone else really fed up with the emergency services speeding down LL with their sirens blazing? It really disrupts me when i am trying to do a nice spot of gardening at this time of year.

Say we get a petition together, asking that Police vehicles turn down their siren when passing through our utopian neighbourhood, and we march to the nearest Police station (Peckham?) to hand deliver it and make it clear we will not stand by and have our peace and quiet ruined?

messageRe: Loud Police sirens
Posted by Hemingway June 28, 10:48AM

3/10

Posted by smith 41 June 28, 10:59AM

Move to the countryside

Posted by JohnL June 28, 12:09PM

I'm fed up with the emergency Typhoon jets creating sonic booms whilst fending off Putin's air force (even though they've mostly avoided south London).

Posted by bootheyb June 28, 05:02PM

Totally agree – people should just stop having all these intentional accidents, plus I'm sure all those in critical condition will gladly suffer a longer wait, to ensure no one gets disturbed by the emergency services whilst tending to their geraniums. I'll start marching right away – see you there.

Posted by lindylou June 28, 05:21PM

Yes. These inconsiderate people having accidents, being stabbed, ruining our lives. How dare they call the emergency services.

Posted by Hugh Foley June 28, 05:36PM

Well if people get of there phone and stop walking into lordship lane like zombies then the police won’t have to disturb you ,

Posted by peckham_ryu June 28, 06:08PM

That pesky air ambulance too. On and off Kings more than Nell Gwyn. Why can’t they use stealth drones?

Posted by ED Light June 28, 11:02PM

Is this a real opinion, or one just to stir the pot.
Either way, it makes zero sense

Humdinger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi guys,
>
> Is anyone else really fed up with the emergency
> services speeding down LL with their sirens
> blazing? It really disrupts me when i am trying
> to do a nice spot of gardening at this time of
> year.
>
> Say we get a petition together, asking that Police
> vehicles turn down their siren when passing
> through our utopian neighbourhood, and we march to
> the nearest Police station (Peckham?) to hand
> deliver it and make it clear we will not stand by
> and have our peace and quiet ruined?

Posted by jane1 June 29, 08:12AM

When my 83 year old mum bleed the death a few weeks ago, that siren sound was very welcoming coming up lordship lane towards my house it was actually a good sound,

Posted by lavender27 July 10, 06:17PM

peckham police station has closed, no use marching there with a petition ;-(

Posted by worldwiser July 10, 07:49PM

I have partial sympathy with the op as there is absolutely no reason for sirens to be as loud as they are in this country. They could be far quieter and still achieve the same result. No other country tolerates such fearsome noise on their emergency vehicles - here the intention seems to be to frighten the life out of people which doesn't help motorists to make quick, intelligent decisions. It induces panic and that doesn't help anyone. I'm less concerned about its effect on gardeners though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was july 10, 07:50pm by worldwiser.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum