Forum Sponsors

www.jhphysio.com

All Round Renovation

www.takeflightacademy.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
The Bishop, The EDT, The Great Exhibition, the Actress or another?
messageRecycling saving razor blades locally?
Posted by muser July 01, 07:51PM

Does anyone know of anywhere I can recycle my safety razor blades. I did get them from Holland, but they charge for an envelope and of course there would be a postage charge. I was thinking there maybe a chemist which can recycle safely syringes etc may help. Beardies need not reply smiling smiley Thanks Muser

messageRe: Recycling saving razor blades locally?
Posted by peckman July 04, 11:06AM

I doubt syringes get recycled anyway ! They will get incinerated as its medical waste

Posted by muser July 05, 10:42AM

Excuse my delay in responding. Thats a good point....forgive me I couldn't let that pass!
Well at least the exposed used blades would be very much safer, but the burning of course not exactly eco friendly !
I wonder what does happen with them. Ive got loads, not knowing how to dispose of them without exposing anyone to nasty cuts.

Posted by Zippydoo July 08, 12:12PM

Put them in the recycling inside cans or tins. You can also do this with used but clean aluminium foil. Maybe even wrap the blades in used foil if you're worried about them falling out.

Posted by Lowlander July 08, 08:57PM

They're made of steel; store them in an old tin of tomatoes/beans. No soft drink or beer cans they're aluminium.

Then recycle as usual Trouble is they're often coated with teflon and platinum...but bette than going to landfill..

Posted by muser July 09, 10:04AM

That's really neat. Thank you very much. Will do that.

Posted by muser July 09, 10:07AM

Again, great advice. I have quite a collection to dispose of. Thank you very much.

Posted by kiera July 10, 03:19PM

Gillette offer recycling of razor blades - it's not clear whether or not it's only for their own ones:-

Gillette [www.gillette.co.uk]

"Simply email us your name and delivery address and we will do the rest recycle@feedback.gillette.co.uk
We will send you a free post envelope in 2-3 weeks to put your blades in and send by Royal Mail. It's completely free."

Posted by muser July 12, 02:01PM

Well, that's certainly worth a try. Thanks

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum