Did anyone see a Clarkes coach scrape my car last week?

My car was parked on Townley Road and now has an expensive scrape, a dent and a generous splash of paint the same colour as a Clarkes coach. Probably happened on Wednesday or Thursday.

If anyone saw it happen then please send me a private message.

Thanks

Thanks all. There may well be a coach with paint from my car on it. I think it would be on the front near side (i.e. kerb side). Or possibly it wasn't a Clarkes coach. I've attached a photo. If not Clarkes then I'd appreciate any other suggestions of commercial vehicles - there are not many cars that colour!

Thank you Mahoody. In fact, I have been very careful not to make any accusations, simply seeking any witnesses. Which coach companies do the school run?

I have previously seen coaches (and indeed other vehicles) on Townley Road scrape parked vehicles.

And no, my car was nowhere near the islands. It?s simply caused by Townley Road taking more traffic, and bigger vehicles, than it can cope with.

Mikeb

bobbsy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Slightly off topic, but I pass Clarkes coaches

> often on my commute, in general they are very

> aggressive drivers, fast and pushy.

Agreed. I've had a number of close passes from Clarkes coaches while cycling up Lordship Lane, but pretty much all coach drivers are aggressive and pushy on the roads... maybe we just remember the Clarkes close passes because of the distinctive livery.

Snathani, yes you might be right - I do avoid being anywhere near them now though whenever possible. Its the stretch around denmark hill station that seems to be the worst - or rather, where i normally experience them.

mikeb Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thank you Mahoody. In fact, I have been very

> careful not to make any accusations, simply

> seeking any witnesses. Which coach companies do

> the school run?

>

> I have previously seen coaches (and indeed other

> vehicles) on Townley Road scrape parked vehicles.

Yeah really careful.

Have you read the title of your message?

"Did anyone see a Clarkes coach scrape my car last week?"

>

> And no, my car was nowhere near the islands. It?s

> simply caused by Townley Road taking more traffic,

> and bigger vehicles, than it can cope with.

>

> Mikeb

In sorry to hear about your car Being scrapped. It?s mainly to do with the local schools not only is it crazy during school runs people parking close to bollards zigzags etc. Another problem is keeping there engines on while parked you can just feel the C02 especially on these hot days. From now till September it will be heaven school hols!

Hi, I?m local driving instructor I?ve been serving Dulwich and surrounding for many years I?ve noticed the increase in large coaches buses on that road parked up engines running etc that?s a concern. One of the main problems is that some vehicles park badly and so damn close to those barriers/crossings etc it?s not easy with a normal sized car it must be near impossible to negotiate those huge buses safely unfortunately I?m not surprised that parked cars get hit it?s not only the coaches you need worry about it?s poor driving from others who have none or very little spatial awareness. I think the school and council need to enforce a no parking area especially near those barriers etc. It?s not fair that legally and sensibly parked cars and residents have to worry particularly during school runs! Good news 6/7 weeks rest bite!

I've had a couple of scrapes with Clarkes when cycling but no worse than any other operator - just more of them than most coaches. The run into the depot in Lower Sydenham sounds a bit of a race track - but there again Royal Mail vans going back to depot eg Bricklayer Arms or Herne Hill way seem to race each other.

I expect that they will not give you access to CCTV and their schedule nor will the police take action even though the driver did not stop. Could hire a private detective but that is cloud cuckoo land. And before I am seen as libeling Clarkes would they really risk their reputation and fib.

Apols that this is not more constructive....