Local Mum Robbed - Adys Road.

COPIED from Facebook.

Mamas, I just had the shocking experience of being mugged outside my house on Adys Road by hooded teenager. I am FINE and thank goodness the baby was not with me but my phone was stolen out of my hand so watch out. I know these things happen... but I am SO PISSED.

Black kid, around 17, black Nike hoodie and jeans with short hair. Last seen around Rye Lane where I chased him to. Not advocating any vigilante style action but if you see a kid matching that description with an iphone with a blond baby in a bathtub on the homescreen it's almost certainly mine!😠😠😠

Awful experience to be mugged anywhere let alone on your doorstep. There were a lot of mugging in this general area, not specifically Adys Road, back in March according to a police officer I spoke to. It needs to be reported to the police.

snoopy17 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> that description could be anyone.

Yeah, it could be 1000s of south London teenagers. BUT... if someone else was also mugged at a similar place/time by someone matching that description. Or if a parent noticed a phone in their son's bedroom. Maybe I suppose it could be useful..

Chasing after them is a bad idea though. I've done it myself in the past, and his mate was waiting just down the road. If they're organised, there could be more... maybe with knives. I know these things don't occur to you when the adrenalin is pumping, but it's just a phone. We have people depending on us.

Oh, and despite the tide of gentrification, this is still south London. Best not to walk around talking on, or looking at your phone. (not everyone agrees, but as far as these kids are concerned, you're basically walking around waving a few hundred quid in the air. So... your choice).

There was another lady had her phone stolen from her hand on Grove Vale around 5pm last night. Group of 3 black male teenagers on bicycles. I saw them a couple of minutes earlier when they mounted the pavement whilst I was waiting to cross the road and we?re really close to me, think I was a target but luckily didn?t have my phone out.

You are actually very vulnerable near home as you tend to think you are safe and not be watchful.

Of course don't have your phones out - that's just stupid really, given the publicity such crime has in the area.

And of course, just let it go - don't chase after them.

If you've got important photos on it, download them, store your numbers, buy a phone you can afford to lose.

Regarding pursuing a thief, I have seen a thief being chased so joined in - the thief was cornered and caught, and stolen items retrieved. But even in a group you never know what weapon(s) might be involved or whether there's a team of criminals ready to step in. So it's a big risk!

snoopy17 Wrote:

> that description could be anyone.

Better description than I got after I got robbed in Camberwell earlier this year. I don't know if it makes it better to know it's not you (the OP) being targeted (I thought it was until I met someone else at the EE shop next day)

Furious barely described me too.

you have to be on your guard everywhere you go these days, I stupidly left my backdoor open on Saturday went upstairs for half an hour came down to lock the door and the keys were gone. nothing elese was taken and I know where I left them.

There's some dubious looking teens on stolen Lime bikes around Goose Green looking like they're assessing potential phone donors of late. Reported them to 101 but with no more Police in the area, fat lot of good reporting anything these days...

If i were the old bill, id likely stop any teenagers hanging around and in possession of any bike hire scheme bicycles. They are clearly not going for a leisurely cycle with them, or going to/from work, so they have already stolen the bicycle. Then see whats in their grubby little pockets.

Humdinger Wrote:

> If i were the old bill, id likely stop any

> teenagers hanging around and in possession of any

> bike hire scheme bicycles. They are clearly not

> going for a leisurely cycle with them, or going

> to/from work, so they have already stolen the

> bicycle. Then see whats in their grubby little

> pockets.

what a prat

Humdinger Wrote:

> If i were the old bill, id likely stop any

> teenagers hanging around and in possession of any

> bike hire scheme bicycles. They are clearly not

> going for a leisurely cycle with them, or going

> to/from work, so they have already stolen the

> bicycle. Then see whats in their grubby little

> pockets.

It's the children riding these bikes that confuses me.

I thought you needed a mobile phone with debit card facility to hire one (or maybe the parents do it ? )

thats right, they would need a bank card to pay for it. Certainly with the Santander bikes, after 30 minutes they are charged ?2 per hour for the hire, so any kids hanging around street corners with one clearly arent too fussed about the charges racking up, because they most likely arent paying for them.

There's an exploit they abuse to steal TFL bikes, it was a well kept secret for a while,but now I see those bikes miles away from a locking station & it's not so unusual to see them locked up around ED & Peckham. Have seen kids break the back locks of Lime bikes & other hire bikes in less than a minute. The Uber bikes are supposed to have a much better lock which probably explains why you don't see tards riding them.

beansprout Wrote:

> Pity so few people showed up at recent meeting at

> Christ Church when these issues were discussed.

>

> Our two new policmen were also there.

>

> Three issues are giing to be taking priority.

TWO policemen says it all. no wonder we have these issues!