rubbish - Lordship Lane and elsewhere

I am becoming increasingly fed up of the amount of rubbish along LL. This morning was particularly bad with 5 piles of rubbish that had been created from bags left out for collection, which does seem to be the main cause. I dont think most people drop litter and the commercial businesses seem to dispose responsibly (well secured bags provided by tge council). So mostly badly secured domestic rubbish from along the lane seem to be at fault. Also a lack of regular emptying of recycling bins which results in over flow onto pavement.

I have tried a number of tactics: regular pick up of rubbish aling my own street, reporting fly tipping and overflowing bins and lobbying coop to kerp their patch clean (often one of dirtiest areas on the street).

May be a community of clean street champions (residential and commercial) could make a difference but a muti-layered response from council and residents would be needed. A clear position on how residents should dispose of rubbish when they live above shops and clear efforts to educate would be a good start.

I was in St Ives and the rubbish bins there are just like ours (black, square, plastic with four slots) but at least twice the size. Would it be a good idea to at least double up on the bins themselves if not the size? The best we can do is not litter ourselves and then pick up others' (which is what I do but only cans and bottles).

I was driving down LL late Monday night/Tuesday morning around 1:30am-2am and it was really bad. But it was obvious that someone or some people have been tearing up the bags and scattering the contents everywhere for some reason.

Every public bin & every bag that was put out by local shop owners were ransacked and scattered all over the street. but i have to say, by mid-morning it had all been cleared up as it it hadn't of happened. Good job by the cleaners!

Oh don't, so dusgusting. On a more positive the note,the craze of plogging (picking up litter as you jog) is set to hit our shores. I don't do much jogging as I generally have a baby sling in tow so may be I will try plinging!!https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/237c63d4-0a54-406a-ae51-ad677a872456

It's the foxes - I get home from work late at night and often see them "doing the bins" - that's why bins are split open and the contents scattered by the morning. People seem to think they are cute and furry, but they are a complete nuisance.