Another Land Rover stolen from St aidans Road

Lcpt

We?ve just our second Land Rover stolen from St Aidans Road last night. They have damaged. Windows to get in and steal.

If anyone saw anything last night, please let us know alternatively beware of your property and vehicles and make sure they?re secure. This is now our second vehicle stolen from here and our house has been broken into.

Hope you reported it? But equally why bother - police force has been stretched to capacity - humans are more important than, car theft, burglaries.

Personally, rather they get a grip with London stabbings - would be nice if they could deal with car theft etc..

Understaffed and over stretched - not helped by moving local officers to another patch.

If some one or people are going to break in, nothing one can do!

Beginning to think about leaving my car unlocked, with windows open abit - no need to smash them as these days, they are not interested in radios etc.

Identity fraud prob..

Doubt they would bother with an old Land Rover, so guess yours must be top of range and prob in another country or stole to order.

He's had his Land Rover nicked, clearly upset, annoyed and probably angry seeing as though it's the second one they have had nabbed. A bit of compassion might not go a miss?

Lcpt - really sorry to hear this. A couple years ago a neighbour had theirs stolen in the early hours of the morning from outside there house, now parks it on drive with a ground security bollard in front.

Thanks for your compassion dbboy. It?s was more to post 1) if anyone had seen anything 2) to let others/ the community know o be vigilant and ensure their possessions are as secure as possible. I think we often take it for granted that what ours will remain ours and sometimes extra precautions are needed.

Not sure what the other person is on about on their random post. Not once have I mentioned issues with the police, their priorities. Clearly has nothing better or more constructive to do with their time. I know I?d rather know if stuff like this is happening in the community!

Really sorry to hear that Lcpt. Our car was stolen recently too. Luckily we got it back though. In the end we've gone for an old fashioned steering wheel lock (anything to put them off) and had an immobiliser fitted.

Thanks for your message and glad to hear you got it back. We?d only just changed the car, so should?ve got to the extra security features a bit a quicker, which we had on the car we switched out. Lesson most definitely learnt second time around

If I am correct - St. Aidans Road come under the Dulwich Hill SNT.

There are 2 new officers PC. Lewis and PC Brewer

Their priorities for the next 3 months are vehicle crimes,and school liaison You can contact them via the Met police website under Dulwich Hill. They also hold 'surgeries' at Christ Church (Weds lunch time?) and at St. Clements Church Friern Road - not sure of days for this.

Please report this - Dulwich Hill ward is thought to be low crime area compared with the 2 other Dulwich SNT - however it has been discovered that residents are not reporting crimes to the SNT as they feel that Police will not be able to do anything. With the other SNTs it was discovered that more residents were reporting crimes and this has lead to a more visible police presence in specific streets/more car patrols also an arrest which resulted in less crime in those areas.