Forum Sponsors

Your Local Personal Trainer

http://www.gardenia-gardens.com

www.inshutters.co.uk

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
messageWhateley Road C.P. Road. Road works.
Posted by DulwichFox August 05, 12:15PM

The Road works at the junction of Whateley Road C.P. Road. seem to be going on and on

This is causing a lot of disruption to traffic and pedestrians.
Also having 2 Bus stops closed. P13.

I spoke to one of the workmen there at midday. He told be it will be closed for another 1 - 2 weeks.
and then they will be closing the other side if Crystal Palace road to work on the pavements there.

So more disruption.

Why do Conways take so long with any works they are awarded. I remember them doing Pavements on Lordship Lane.

I am convinced if they were issued with a fine £5,000 - £10,000 per day over schedule, this work would be
completed in less than half the time they are taking.

DulwichFox

messageRe: Whateley Road C.P. Road. Road works.
Posted by singalto August 05, 12:21PM

I canít get over how many times Lordship Lane has been dug up since it was resurfaced! It is absolutely ridiculous!

Posted by sweetgirl August 05, 10:51PM

The Thames water patch opp co-op is an absolute nightmare
I've lost count how many times the same spot has been dug!

Let's hope they get it right this time..... Can't be arsed with all the traffic chaos once September comes along!

Posted by KidKruger August 06, 08:06AM

Foxy, the signs on lamposts around the CPR/Whateley Road works clearly say the period 22/07/19 to 16/08/19 is when the works will be carried-out.

While there may be an argument for complaining about the works taking too long at some stage, I think complaining theyíre not finished two weeks before their own advertised completion date may be slightly premature.
They are working part of weekends from what Iíve seen, so one could assume thereís actually some urgency in their efforts.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum