Forum Sponsors

https://sjbsashwindows.co.uk/

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Your Local Personal Trainer

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
message12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by Bic Basher August 12, 09:20PM

After the reduction in service on Route 12 recently, since Sunday 11th August until November 9th the service will only operate between Whitehall Horseguards Parade and Dulwich Library only, except between midnight and 6am where it'll run to Oxford Circus.

The bus is also on diversion from St Thomas Hospital to Whitehall via Victoria Embankment.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was august 12, 09:21pm by Bic Basher.

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by NewWave August 13, 12:51AM

This is a bloody joke! don't they think anyone in our area needs to travel to the west end for work daily and perhaps for financial reasons or others (one friend since the london terror attacks years ago refuses to use the tube, another gets claustrophobic) do not use trains and tubes.
Why wasn't this widely publicised?
And who can we complain to?
In a tube strike this is the only other option I have to get to work without many changes.

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by EDmummy August 13, 06:52AM

The closure is due to the installation of pedestrian protection measures on Westminster Bridge and Bridge Street. In light of terrorist attacks in the area this seems pretty important. Perhaps you can find another way to get to the West End. 176 gets quite close.

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by nxjen August 13, 07:30AM

According to Google Streetmaps, itís 0.7 miles from Horseguards Parade to Oxford Circus and takes 14 minutes to walk. If youíre able to, walking puts you in control.

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by singalto August 13, 08:41AM

How can it take three months to do the work?

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by Penguin68 August 13, 08:50AM

Exactly - it is the glacial pace of workmen in the UK employed by the State (at council or national level) which is the issue here. E.g. the closure of Crystal Palace Road for close to a month to achieve (I would guess when we see the finished job) a minimal change. Or the well-over-a-year to reimagine the Lewisham roundabout. When I travel abroad I can be held up by a mile long section of roadworks on the way down south, to find the whole thing complete a fortnight later on my return. In the UK we would be seeing 18 month warnings about delays.

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by JohnL August 13, 10:01AM

singalto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How can it take three months to do the work?


Rye Lane was finished way ahead of schedule so maybe this will be (they may estimate worst case)

Our cladding is another story LOL (sorry off topic).

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by DulwichFox August 13, 10:23AM

singalto Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How can it take three months to do the work?

Probably Conways got the contract.

If so, will actually take 5 months.

DulwichFox

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by DulwichFox August 13, 10:25AM

EDmummy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The closure is due to the installation of
> pedestrian protection measures on Westminster
> Bridge and Bridge Street. In light of terrorist
> attacks in the area this seems pretty important.
> Perhaps you can find another way to get to the
> West End. 176 gets quite close.

Whitehall is beyond Westminster Bridge.

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by JohnL August 13, 10:28AM

DulwichFox Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> EDmummy Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The closure is due to the installation of
> > pedestrian protection measures on Westminster
> > Bridge and Bridge Street. In light of terrorist
> > attacks in the area this seems pretty
> important.
> > Perhaps you can find another way to get to the
> > West End. 176 gets quite close.
>
> Whitehall is beyond Westminster Bridge.

It's on diversion via another bridge so bus is probably to knackered by the time it gets to Whitehall

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by maxxi August 13, 12:15PM

According to TFL it terminates BEFORE Westminster Bridge.

"BRIDGE STREET, SW1: Buses are diverted until 05:00 Saturday 9 November due to borough works on Bridge Street. Route 12 starts and terminates at St Thomas Hospital/County Hall daily between 06:00 and 23:59."

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by NewWave August 13, 11:44PM

JohnL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> DulwichFox Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > EDmummy Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > The closure is due to the installation of
> > > pedestrian protection measures on Westminster
> > > Bridge and Bridge Street. In light of
> terrorist
> > > attacks in the area this seems pretty
> > important.
> > > Perhaps you can find another way to get to
> the
> > > West End. 176 gets quite close.
> >
> > Whitehall is beyond Westminster Bridge.
>
> It's on diversion via another bridge so bus is
> probably to knackered by the time it gets to
> Whitehall


As will I be having to walk to Westminister bridge from Oxford street
after standing for 9 hours in a shop all day.
sad smiley

messageRe: 12 curtailed to Whitehall until November
Posted by Bic Basher August 14, 02:58AM

maxxi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to TFL it terminates BEFORE Westminster
> Bridge.
>
> "BRIDGE STREET, SW1: Buses are diverted until
> 05:00 Saturday 9 November due to borough works on
> Bridge Street. Route 12 starts and terminates at
> St Thomas Hospital/County Hall daily between 06:00
> and 23:59."


Not from what I saw, buses were blinded for Whitehall on Tuesday.


Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum