Brick House Bakery - bread waste

TaVa

maybe they were a batch which failed - sometimes they have issues with fridges etc. They're pretty active on social media (twitter / Insta) so you could ask them? If they are throwing it out I agree that some kind of donation process would be good - but given they rarely seem to have bread left when you go in to buy later in the day i'd be surprised!

They definitely had a power/fridge issue a while back which meant they had to throw away a large amount of raw ingredients (although I think that was earlier than July), but not sure if that would have affected the bread. +1 for asking them direct on social media - the owner is very active there and seems to be very hot on things like plastic-free packaging, so I'm sure will engage.

There are many reasons why this food may have been thrown out - including possible contamination or the inclusion of the 'wrong' ingredients or mix. This is a high level of simple wastage - an uneconomic level if repeated, so I would suspect a good (understandable) reason for this. If it is a one off (and the bread was OK to eat) it is likely that the Bakery didn't have the necessary contacts to find a good home for it - which again suggests this may be an unusual event.

smith 41 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> People need to stop doing this on the forum go in

> the shop and ask why there?s so many loaves by the

> bins if you?re not happy with the reply then come

> on here

Agree. Stop being a reactionary knee-jerker and enquire within. This is a local and responsible business, owned by local people. Do you reckon in all honesty they chuck products (which equals money) away for the hell of it.

No, I doubt it.

I agree. Find out the reason for it first and if it isn't satisfactory, by all means raise it on a public forum but posting this sort of thing can damage businesses unfairly. Otherwise, you run the risk of just looking like you want to be "right-on".

Seabag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> smith 41 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > People need to stop doing this on the forum go

> in

> > the shop and ask why there?s so many loaves by

> the

> > bins if you?re not happy with the reply then

> come

> > on here