Police Cordon Gowlett Road

The police have cordoned off a road, it's more than likely to be serious - which it was - the police don't generally waste their time. Doesn't take much intelligence to figure that out. Creditwheredue and Humdinger should find better things to do with their time than pathetic attempts at humour.

I agree se22cat and smieste2002. This was serious! The road was cordoned off as a result of a mugging of one of the street's residents in which he was also stabbed. All neighbours are deeply shocked and our thoughts are with his young family.

Creditwheredue. Read that as bankrupt. Humdinger. You are the antithesis of that. You would have both shit yourselves if you had been in that position. Just crawl back underneath your duvets and release the pause on your daytime TV. Hopefully it's you next time. Twats.

kjet2 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The road was cordoned off as a result of a mugging

> of one of the street's residents in which he was

> also stabbed. All neighbours are deeply shocked

> and our thoughts are with his young family.

How is the person who was stabbed? Really hoping he was not seriously hurt.

From another thread:-

Posted by Sue August 29, 10:45AM

DulwichFox Wrote:

> Rye Lane is a No-Go zone after dark. What do you

> expect.

>

> I would not dream of walking around that area on

> my own at night.

>

Oh FFS, no it isn't.

But then not so long ago you posted on here saying you would not walk anywhere near the Gowlett at night.

Get a grip!

Now do you see what I mean. It's NOT safe

Fox

ETA:- I hope the person who was attacted is Ok.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> From another thread:-

>

> Posted by Sue August 29, 10:45AM

>

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Rye Lane is a No-Go zone after dark. What do you

>

> > expect.

> >

> > I would not dream of walking around that area on

>

> > my own at night.

> >

>

> Oh FFS, no it isn't.

>

> But then not so long ago you posted on here saying

> you would not walk anywhere near the Gowlett at

> night.

>

> Get a grip!

>

> Now do you see what I mean. It's NOT safe

>

> Fox

>

> ETA:- I hope the person who was attacted is Ok.

@Dulwichfox I think its really out of order piggybacking this thread in order to support your small minded bigoted viewpoint about Peckham.

Muggings and stabbings are sadly a London-wide problem and happen in every postcode.

DF you are exploiting this sad event to support your own biased view of this area. We are in that vicinity and your description bears no resemblance to the reality. How do you suggest residents, particularly women, visitors etc get around and live their lives without walking? You really do need to widen your perspective and leave the Lordship Lane bubble occasionally.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> From another thread:-

>

> Posted by Sue August 29, 10:45AM

>

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Rye Lane is a No-Go zone after dark. What do you

>

> > expect.

> >

> > I would not dream of walking around that area on

>

> > my own at night.

> >

>

> Oh FFS, no it isn't.

>

> But then not so long ago you posted on here saying

> you would not walk anywhere near the Gowlett at

> night.

>

> Get a grip!

>

> Now do you see what I mean. It's NOT safe

>

> Fox

>

> ETA:- I hope the person who was attacted is Ok.

Shameless point scoring first

Thoughts for victim an afterthought

cohen22 Wrote:

> Creditwheredue. Read that as bankrupt. Humdinger.

> You are the antithesis of that. You would have

> both shit yourselves if you had been in that

> position. Just crawl back underneath your duvets

> and release the pause on your daytime TV.

> Hopefully it's you next time. @#$%&.

oh no, i've upset some keyboard warriors here, havent i? Alas! Im not even sure how to respond to that, i think you need to get yourself down to Dulwich Hamlet or something, and release some of your shock and outrage in a more productive manner.

Hissy fits aside (grow up!), thats a pretty savage thing to happen on a relatively quiet street. Surprised it hasnt made the news though, its a bit of a sad indictment of how common this thing probably is in South London.

Surprised it hasnt made the news though, its a bit of a sad indictment of how common this thing probably is in South London.

Whether something is reported or not depends very much on (a) the actual severity of the incident (we believe there was an attack and stabbing from kjet2's post, we do not know the severity of the injury); (b) what else was happening at the time which might have eclipsed this incident and © whether any reporter could get sufficient information to stand the story up so that it was newsworthy. Often reports of attacks/ muggings are only reported on later, after briefing etc. from the police.

It is quite wrong to assume that no immediate media pick-up implies that such events are either trivial or too common to bother about locally. I have lived in South London since 1975 - and in ED for the last 30 years+ - and my impression is that casual street violence (with peaks and troughs over that time) is considerably less than it used to be - although as an old person I feel less threatened anyway (and am far less likely to be).

Nevertheless the growing trope of the 'blood-soaked streets of ED and Peckham' (certainly as a growing or unchanging phenomenon) needs challenging.

I am not taking advantage of this situation to point score.

I'm trying to say just how serious a situation we have in the area.

Talking to people in the area... in the street... shops and pubs (and I do a lot of that)

there is a lot more of this going that ever gets reported.

Maybe not stabbings but certainly Street Robberies, Shop Lifting, Car Break-ins, Car and Motorbike Theft,

Bicycle Theft, Burglaries....

This may be going on elsewhere but I am concerned about MY area. It is up to people elsewhere

to sort out their area where they live.

The problem here in East Dulwich and Peckham is the Denial that a problem exists

and how nice and safe the area is. It is NOT safe. and do not tell me to get a grip.

Talk to people, Talk to your neighbours, talk to shopkeepers.. Find out what is happening in the area.

One of my elderly neighbours was turned over and robbed in the Aylsham Centre Peckham a month or so ago.

This was by a gang of 'professional' known criminals from Eastern Europe acting in pairs.

I-In broad daylight.

Some of my elderly neighbours are afraid to go out especially at night.

There are no Police around on foot. They are all driving around in Fast Cars.

DulwichFox

Dulwich Fox, if you want to take this thread down that road, I suggest you start another thread.

You are diverting attention from one incident which is the subject of this thread, and I'm sure others as well as me would like to know how the victim is, and would prefer not to read your scaremongering.

ETA: As you appear to think this whole area is so unsafe, I can't understand why you continue to live here.

Hi Sue, he'll be out of hospital in a few days. Was very close though. I don't think it's appropriate to go into all the details, but the police caught two or more people soon after (they are alleged to have also mugged people in Denmark Hill and Peckham earlier that evening). I just hope they get their just comeuppance.

kjet2 Wrote:

> Hi Sue, he'll be out of hospital in a few days.

> Was very close though. I don't think it's

> appropriate to go into all the details, but the

> police caught two or more people soon after (they

> are alleged to have also mugged people in Denmark

> Hill and Peckham earlier that evening). I just

> hope they get their just comeuppance.

Thank you for this.

I hope he makes a full physical (and emotional) recovery and that the people responsible are found guilty and punished (or treated) appropriately.