Our local police team - Goose Green ward

bels123

The Goose Green ward Safer Neighbourhood Team is a dedicated local police team.

It consists of PC Tibor Fodor, PC Olivia Broughton and PCSO Teresa Kent.

They meet with a ward panel of local residents every couple of months to agree local Police priorities, the next meeting is this Friday at the Picture House, 116 Lordship Lane 7pm.

They also hold regular contact sessions - details are published on Twitter @MPSGooseGreen

To see crime stats for the Goose Green ward visit https://www.met.police.uk/a/your-area/met/southwark/goose-green/. This is also where you can 'voice your concerns' and update the poll with what your 'top 3 issues are'.

macutd Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> any chance of seeing you walking on the local

> streets?

The only time you will see Police Officers on the street are at Football Matches and Demos

when there are Hundreds of them. No Police Officer is going to walk our local streets on their own.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> macutd Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > any chance of seeing you walking on the local

> > streets?

>

> The only time you will see Police Officers on the

> street are at Football Matches and Demos

> when there are Hundreds of them. No Police Officer

> is going to walk our local streets on their own.

Stop running down our local area !

DulwichFox Wrote:

No Police Officer

Oh FFS.

If you think it is so unsafe round here, why don't you do us all a favour and move somewhere else, instead of constantly posting these ridiculous statements on here.

Sue Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> No Police Officer

> > is going to walk our local streets on their

> own.

>

>

> Oh FFS.

>

>

> If you think it is so unsafe round here, why don't

> you do us all a favour and move somewhere else,

> instead of constantly posting these ridiculous

> statements on here.

Why should I move away from here for the likes of people like you.

I'm well known on our street and popular with many of the Neighbours.

I like living here and will stay in East Dulwich in this house till i die.

Its a pity you are too high and mighty to actually talk to any of our Neighbours

Sue, I'm Sorry but you are known on our road as That Funny (Nutty) woman who doesn't speak to anybody.

People comment on how you bow your head shy away and avoid eye contact.

They do also comment on how nice and pleasant Nygel your other half is. He IS a nice social person.

I've said my piece and I am not going to get into any further dialect on the matter in this thread.

Maybe if your beloved Millwall contributed more than ?15k to their ?623k policing bill each year we'd have more walking the beat.

DulwichFox Wrote:

> The only time you will see Police Officers on the

> street are at Football Matches and Demos

> when there are Hundreds of them. No Police Officer

For the record, I see them quite frequently walking up East Dulwich Road when I'm with the kids at the playground (weekday mornings, usually).

It's very easy to suggest that the police are not visible, but they can't be out patrolling 24/7. If you don't see them during the 10-min walk to the station in the morning or back in the evening, it doesn't mean they aren't out there. Even if you spend a couple of hours shopping on Lordship Lane every day, there's another 8-10 daytime hours when they may be patrolling.

Captain Marvel Wrote:

> I see them up Lordship. Give them a break

Yes- there was one in Townley walking towards Lordship Lane last week in the mid morning , and on his own...I don't blame them for not being on the streets given the awful recent assaults and the attitude of some people

Bear in mind that we now only have half the number of local officers than we used to have... just two PCs and one PCSO. They sometimes patrol on bicycles so that they can cover more of the ward, but this means that they are not as visible.

But, I agree that it would reassure residents more if our local officers were seen more often on Lordship Lane on foot.

What time of day do you guys think would be more high profile? Maybe between 3-5pm when most people are doing their shopping?

Also, now that the former Maudsley offices at 20-22 Lordship Lane (by Goose Green Roundabout) are being converted into a community hub with workshops and pop up shops, there is a possibility that a private room in the back of the building could be provided for police officers and also council officers (i.e. housing, park managers, wardens and other departments) to use to take breaks and catch up with paperwork and emails while they are in the area, rather than hiking back to Peckham or Tooley Street on foot or by bus and then back to Goose Green ward again.

This would mean that police would save a lot of time travelling and therefore could spend more time on the local streets. They could also arrange meetings with residents in the meeting rooms that would be available.

Would residents support this possibility?

Walked past Bobby on beat this afternoon in Melbourne Grove Ed area gave him a hello, kinda lost my voice so didn't hear me.

Was nice to see granted I'm not out community often.

So couldn't say if see them often or not.

Hear see there helicopters regularly though and cars usally when in hurry.

Feel sad lack budget they get.

Not really sure what you were hoping he would do here - a) logistically it would have been difficult to stop it and b) last time i checked, abject stupidity wasn't a crime!

singalto Wrote:

> I saw a police officer near ED station at school

> chucking out time yesterday. He just watched as

> dozen of children ran across the road dodging

> cars..