Virgin media broadband 23 Sep

Spikey

Ours (SE5) has been on and off since last week. Came back again this morning, then down again this afternoon for a while. Has just come back. We were told our TV was 'too far away from the router to pick up the wifi signal', even though it has been in the same place and in the same room as the router for years!

over in Nunhead SE15 we had no Virgin Media broadband Saturday > Sunday morning. On calling 'customer service' I was informed that there was an area fault that will effect speeds and connection. This fault is due to be fixed... December the 25th! Maybe Santa's red suit means he works for Virgin. Apparently this 'fault' which is due to 'high demand' was reported in April. Thats a good 8 months to sort it out. A joke of a company with useless customer service

I utterly detest speaking to Virgin Media.

I was told when I phoned today, they had ?an application issue? and couldn?t test my equipment so phone back in 3-4 hours...

Funny how they?ve had a different story for everyone that phoned today.

Wish I could change provider but have no BT line so trapped with them I think. 😡

I utterly detest Virgin Media also. But sadly no-one else is offering their speeds (admittedly when it's actually working) and won't for some very considerable time. They essentially have a monopoly over genuinely high speed broadband. There was a Hyperoptic van in the neighbourhood the other week and I quickly registered my interest but it seems they're about 3 years away from coming to ED.

Tonight's fix has miraculously doubled our speeds back up to what they were 3 years ago. So I'll no doubt be grinning and bearing my need for VM :-(

Yes with vm but not sure we are actually getting the connection speeds advertised - i am a

Techno dunce so not sure where to begin. My ring doorbell can have a bit of delay which my installer was surprised at ( its very close to the router)

If anyone has a suggested alternative it would be much appreciated. Paying almost ?90 a month

For tv phone and internet - half the tv stations we dont watch!

Thanks all

Hey! It?s almost every network provider. Even 3G and 4g is failing. We called out ISP and they said there?s major works to the network and aim to have it over wiht by October 1st!! And yes it Gowan in and out of connection. That?s for both wifi and 3G/4g. Horrible. Kids are going crazy during free time.

• 1 month later...
After 9 years with Virgin Media on cable, rising prices, appalling customer service and frequently black outs, we switched back to a phone line in October and Zen internet. Highly recommended. Very stable. Great customer service. Switching was easier than we thought.