Starbucks - Sainsburys

I was just having a cup of breakfast tea in Starbucks and the teabag is made of plastic. So I phoned Starbucks customer service on 02088345050 to register my complaint. They let me know that it is non recyclable but they have registered my complaint. If anyone else has the time or inclination it might he help if others give them a call.

Thanks for the replies, I guess if enough people bug them there may be change. Small steps ...

micromacromonkey Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> A better course of action is not frequenting

> Starbucks. Evil megacorp selling substandard

> coffee.

Good point micro, but I hope you got a chance to email/phone them anyway.

Zig-Zag Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Forgive my ignorance but I've never heard of a

> plastic teabag. How do I find out whether the ones

> I use have plastic in. I've been putting them in

> the garden waste bin but maybe that's wrong?

Hi Zig-Zag

That is a good question ??

You can generally feel the ones that are Fully Plastic. they are shiny and do not tear when pulled apart.

Paper ones tear easily.

Having said that

I understand that some Tea-Bags 'May' contain some Micro-Plastics.

Below is a list of Plastic / Non Plastic Brands although the site does suggest that

the situation could change.

https://www.countryliving.com/uk/create/food-and-drink/news/a3291/plastic-tea-bags-environment/

DulwichFox

I have recently changed to Loose Tea and buy my tea from Fortnum and Mason

They have dozens of varieties of Luxury Teas that can be bought in attractive Caddies

mostly priced at ?12.50 for 250gms. Some are ?12.50 for 125gms Assam Orange Pekoe

2002657_%282%29.jpg?1531908998

Tea is one of my very few Luxuries that I do not mind spending a little more for.

In this classic Royal Blend notes of Flowery Pekoe from Ceylon uplift the maltier Assam to create a very traditional cup of tea.

First blended for King Edward in 1902, Fortnum?s Royal Blend has been popular ever since for its smooth, honey-like flavour.

Foxy

P.S. I suppose for ?12.50 I could of bought a Burger from most places on Lordship Lane.

I drink PG Tips. It's the only breakfast-type tea I like.

It never occurred to me until recently that their tea bags might contain plastic. I've been putting them in my compost bin for years :(

Looking at their website, it seems that they are still "moving to" fully biodegradable tea bags.

So maybe I will move to loose PG Tips. Time to get a tea pot and knit a tea cosy :))

ETA: I've just looked up the price. ?2 for 250g in Tesco :)

Wow thank you all for this info. I buy PG tips and see they are not as "green" as I thought so will also dig out my teapot and sieve from somewhere at back of cupboard.

Never seen a fully plastic teabag and amazed anybody would buy them nowadays.