Tree issue between Woodwarde road & Lordship Lane

Hello EDF

Would anyone know who I can contact or what I can do regarding a huge tree that is growing in the alleyway between Woodwarde road [accessed via the gates next to Pickwick estates on Woodwarde road] and Lordship lane. It has shot up & its canopy is currently touching the back of my flat.

We did get in contact the person who randomly decided to plant it in the alleyway, about it being out of control & she said that although she planted it, it's not her problem.

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy

The easiest thing to do in the first instance is to call the council's 7525 2000 complaints line and ask if a council tree officer can contact you and inspect.

If they confirm that this is on private property, then I can recommend that Hamish from Cut Above tree management can probably prune the canopy in the first instance, but you would have to pay for it.

I used to know Pickwick Estates ages ago but can't remember who manages it now... is it private management or Dulwich Estate property? I seem to remember lots of weird problems with trees in the back which we addressed years ago, but I can't remember who owns what...