Forum Sponsors

www.no-flies.co.uk

Glazer Delmar

http://www.elwyns.com/

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Would you recommend your builder, plumber, electrician or carpenter?
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
messageRe: Any moped/scooter commuters?
Posted by natty01295 21 October, 2019 19:52

CHEAP

C.B.T Bike Training

Posted by stepdown 22 October, 2019 10:19

joggy90 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Would a 50cc be enough for that kind of commute or
> would I need something faster? Thanks!

I would never recommend anything less than a 125. Neither are fast, but you will get a safer amount of acceleration from a 125 and a much better choice of second hand options. There is not much correlation between 50cc vehicles and responsible owners.

Posted by nivag 26 October, 2019 10:49

This is worth doing if you ride in London, plus if you're quick there are free spaces on offer.
[bikesafe.co.uk]

Posted by ruffers 28 October, 2019 09:46

"Participating London Boroughs are: Barnet, Brent, Bromley, Camden, City of London, Croydon, Enfield, Greenwich, Hackney, Haringey, Hammersmith and Fulham, Hounslow, Kingston, Lambeth, Tower Hamlets, Lewisham, Newham, Kensington and Chelsea, Redbridge and Wandsworth."

Thanks Southwark, as ever.

Posted by abp January 10, 10:06PM

I'm selling my Vespa if anyone's interested: [www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk]

Posted by Mands January 11, 07:49PM

Iíve been riding into the west end for the past 20 years. I used to ride derestricted 50cc but insurance companies wonít insure nowadays. I now ride a 125cc and itís the best thing ever. Parking for 1 year is £100 and I have no problem finding a parking space. I done my CBT with Mungo which I highly recommend. I agree with the others RE waterproof clothing etc.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum