Report dangerous driving Audi NA66 OTC

Does anyone know if you can report dangerous driving? There was just an Audi that pulled out of Melbourne Grove onto EDG heading to Herne Hill.

A pair of jeans was thrown out of the window outside the church and then the car drove aggressively into traffic on the wrong side of the street all the way to JAGS and then sped through red lights into the distance.

I'm almost certain the car must be stolen, no-one who owned a car like that would drive it that way. Reg was NA66 OTC, Audi Q3 or 5.

As above - in case anyone else is wondering about this - if there is an immediate danger to people (which driving erratically on the wrong side of the road, speeding and jumping lights in this way probably counts as) I'd call 999 in case they have a car in the area and can pick them up. No other option would have the immediacy of this approach.

I did this recently where 'kids' on a motor scooter were driving along pavements, not wearing helmets and speeding through residential roads - no one suggested it wasn't an appropriate call.

Thanks - with more presence of mind next time I shall. Always difficult to react when you're at the wheel of a car yourself at the time.

Interestingly, the registration number (my passenger snapped a photo) at DVLA is not found which usually means a scrapped car, fake plate or some kind of government or undercover vehicle. Even if this were in some way official police business, the risks being taken by the driver were absolutely astonishing.

And then of course there were those jeans, almost the most perplexing element of the story..

That would be stolen. With fake plate report it now not to late they will then look out for it.

No one undercover would throw jeans out.

Those jeans could well have blood or dna evidence on them especially way driving.

From scene crime.

I'd bag them hand in police with reg dera type car photo.

Yes, well done, worldwiser. One of the regular topics of discussion with the police is that people in the ED area tend not to report issues, so this keeps our statistics low and therefore our police resources are low because it appears that nothing is happening down here. Plus, information can be extremely useful to officers investigating other crimes.

Super Sleuth, the photo was rather zoomed in and a bit blurred so it's entirely possible. I've updated the police report to consider both.

Jeans stained with mud and paint but don't want to inspect further in case I contaminate.

Can't say the police have shown any interest so far. At what point do I stand down from my amateur detective role?!

• 2 weeks later...

tiddles Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I reported a clear case of drug dealing from an

> Audi in east dulwich - with photo of said car and

> details of location

> Time etc - (it was about 6 weeks ago)

> Never heard a thing - nothing to do with

> protestors

What made it a clear case of drug dealing?

tiddles Wrote:

> I reported a clear case of drug dealing from an

> Audi in east dulwich - with photo of said car and

> details of location

> Time etc - (it was about 6 weeks ago)

> Never heard a thing - nothing to do with

> protestors

If it was clear cut - could be part of a larger investigation. I don't think they'd tell you this just as if you've had money fraudulently taken from your bank account they won't tell you much about what happened.

I don't think they'd tell you this just as if you've had money fraudulently taken from your bank account they won't tell you much about what happened.

Current evidence is that nothing will have happened - there has been a lot of coverage recently to suggest that there is virtually no follow-up in these sort of cases. Most reports of such crimes are not even seen by actual police officers, but are 'checked' (and I use that word quite wrongly) by computer algorithms and occasionally civilian employees.

Penguin68 Wrote:

> I don't think they'd tell you this just as if

> you've had money fraudulently taken from your bank

> account they won't tell you much about what

> happened.

>

> Current evidence is that nothing will have

> happened - there has been a lot of coverage

> recently to suggest that there is virtually no

> follow-up in these sort of cases. Most reports of

> such crimes are not even seen by actual police

> officers, but are 'checked' (and I use that word

> quite wrongly) by computer algorithms and

> occasionally civilian employees.

That's a pity as police should use reports such as this to built up a picture of what is happening (maybe that's what the algorithms try and do - I know nothing of Police systems). Anyway no doubt Pritti Patel is coming for them (or maybe not).

That's a pity as police should use reports such as this to built up a picture of what is happening

I wholly agree. This sort of crime (cyber crime and fraud) are reported to a unit in the City of London Police, who are meant to analyse them and them send them out to local forces - but of course these have virtually no fraud or cyber crime experts on them. Banks avoid response where they can and ty to place blame on their own customers to avoid liability. Famously they use 'data protection' to avoid giving details of the accounts to which funds have been siphoned. Apparently there is so much of this that police resources are overwhelmed, to the extent that they no longer really bother.

Elsewhere on this (or another) thread I have recounted the lack of police follow-up when provided with photos and car details of burglars in an incident local to me. Not enough was stolen for them to bother, as far as I can judge. If you kick someone's door in and then fail to make a suitable haul, well, we're so sorry and better luck next time, eh lads?