Kelmore Grove - info needed please!

keldyc

Hello,

My husband and I are thinking about buying a house on Kelmore Grove. Would someone be able to give some insight in to the schooling options there? We are starting a family so interested in people?s experiences at primary level and secondary. It seems that Harris and Charter East Dulwich are closest but particularly at secondary they are both v. popular and oversubscribed. I?m not sure whether Kelmore is close enough to fall within their catchments? What have people experienced in trying to get their kids in to school if you are in this area? Anything else I should be aware of generally? Thanks!

There are several long threads on catchments etc on the family discussion part of the forum!

There?s one one the first page of the family room at the moment but if you use the search box to search key words like charter, Harris, catchment, admissions etc then you?ll find several discussing this and similar topics xx

I think the reality is most of the schools change catchment year on year so it?s difficult to predict years in advance. Also there can be lots of movement not only on waiting lists but in year places too so some years they might have a tiny catchment for 1st offer places but end up going to waiting list if kids pull out or end up going private / moving and the distance can end up being quite far. So the listed catchment area is not always a true reflection on what ends up being true once term has started.