Which GP Surgery to register with please?

I'm with 306 Medical Centre. They do go and try to help you if you need an emergency appointment and with prescriptions. Large catchment area including the whole of SE22, SE21 and parts of SE5 and SE15.

The Gardens has a small catchment area in SE22 which is inside Underhill Road, Lordship Lane and Barry Road as boundaries.

I've been with Forest Hill Road Group Practice for over 40 years, and can't recommend the practice highly enough. The support I've had through a number of health issues in recent years has been amazing; I've always been treated with the utmost respect, courtesy, and professionalism by all staff, and have always been able to get an urgent appointment when I've needed one.

Every time I ask to see a doctor, they say they have no appointments. Whenever I go to collect my prescription there is no one in the waiting room to see a doctor. The doctors seems to work a couple of hours a day and claim full time pay.

Forest Hill road Group practice is a scam. It is just a front to milk the NHS.

The doctors seems to work a couple of hours a day and claim full time pay.

Forest Hill road Group practice is a scam. It is just a front to milk the NHS.

This is probably actionable. The practice (as many others) has a real problem recruiting GPs - there is an acute shortage across the country. They have two waiting rooms - the one upstairs for doctors with consulting rooms upstairs. As they don't have a drop in policy, those waiting are those with appointments - depending on the number of doctors 'on' probably no more than 1-2 per doctor (and also those waiting for the pharmacist and the practice nurses). The practice certainly has had, and is having, problems, not unique to inner city practices with high levels of problems and low levels of staff. At times the service has been excellent - over 30 years of being a patient there I have seen both good and and times. The quality of medical advice, and treatment, when you can get it, is generally high. The appointment system is undoubtedly irksome - but their triage works and 'emergency' as opposed to routine needs are still being met, in my experience.

To suggest that the doctors are lazy or scamming either their patients or the NHS is entirely uncalled for.

Been with 306 for a few years now, good doctors, great nurse, friendly staff. They often run late and you can expect to be seen 10-20 mins later than your appointment time on average so if punctuality and time management is a priority for you maybe think elsewhere but the flip side is you never feel rushed and always get full and detailed explanations of treatment options etc.

johnhinton Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Until the Forest Hill practice seemed to curtail

> heir catchment area, they always treated my family

> and me quite well. No complaints. Have since moved

> to Elm Lodge, which is actually more convenient,

> and even nicer.

I moved to Elm Lodge, but I do have a number of concerns about it which I don't want to post on here.

As a result, I was going to move back to DMC, but I don't know if the highly recommended GP at DMC is still on sick leave?

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to say a massive thank you to the Forest Hill Rd Surgery team. Long story but today despite being incredibly busy as it's Christmas Eve they were wonderful in sorting emergency appointments and multiple phone calls to help me from having to spend the day at A&E and probably a pretty horrible Christmas . Both the doctors and receptionists went above and beyond and I am SO grateful !!

• 4 months later...

wow brilliant services from Dr Tala Tavakkoli over the last few days, from Forest Hill Surgery who has been very helpful in organising a video call to the minor eye clinic at Kings, on my behalf and even checked to see if they had called.

First class professional services.

Thank You

Mrs Y

Froglander Wrote:

> It?s worrying how Melbourne Grove has joined

> forces with the Hambledon Practice to take over

> the site at Dulwich hospital. The reviews in NHS

> Choices for MGMP are mostly dire.

I got a letter today saying that from the 25th they are based at the Tessa Jowell GP Surgery.

Concordia has also become Omnes (just a change of name).

> "joined forces"

The Melbourne Grove (Concordia) and Hambleden (AT Medics) contracts both expired on 31 March 2019, and the decree was that a single contractor should take over both practices then, and eventually move into the new Health Centre. Concordia won the competition. The Hambleden staff have presumably had TUPE rights to carry on working in the new practice if they wanted to. Does anyone recognise any of these names as from Hambleden? http://www.tessajowellgpsurgery.co.uk/about-us

I had extremely poor experiences with 3 of the GPs at The Gardens (specifically around maternity and infant care). However, my other half only ever saw Dr Stephens (only a few times over about a 3 year period) and felt she gave the help he needed.

ianr Wrote:

> > "joined forces"

>

> The Melbourne Grove (Concordia) and Hambleden (AT

> Medics) contracts both expired on 31 March 2019,

> and the decree was that a single contractor should

> take over both practices then, and eventually move

> into the new Health Centre. Concordia won the

> competition. The Hambleden staff have presumably

> had TUPE rights to carry on working in the new

> practice if they wanted to. Does anyone recognise

> any of these names as from Hambleden?

> http://www.tessajowellgpsurgery.co.uk/about-us

Pretty sure that's just the MG website renamed to be honest and it'll be updated on moving - I'm not sure what the location map is as looks like still MG

http://www.mgmp.co.uk/

Hmmmm "Main" and "Branch"