Forum Sponsors

https://urbanistarchitecture.co.uk/free-architect-consultation/

http://www.ellyallen.com/

Glazer Delmar

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageWhich GP Surgery to register with please?
Posted by beansprout October 30, 03:05PM

Anyone have any comments on 306 Medical Centre and The Gardens? Thanks in advance.

messageRe: Which GP Surgery to register with please?
Posted by Metallic October 30, 03:12PM

Just don't join the toxic Forest Hill Rd surgery.

Posted by SpringTime October 30, 04:22PM

DMC Chadwick Road have been good with me. 020 7639 9622

Posted by Bic Basher October 30, 06:38PM

I'm with 306 Medical Centre. They do go and try to help you if you need an emergency appointment and with prescriptions. Large catchment area including the whole of SE22, SE21 and parts of SE5 and SE15.

The Gardens has a small catchment area in SE22 which is inside Underhill Road, Lordship Lane and Barry Road as boundaries.

Posted by monica October 31, 10:59AM

I was with the Gardens for 5 years before I moved to Shirley, I can highly recommend them. My Dr was Dr Stephens, she is amazing, very helpful and thoughtful.

Posted by Growlybear October 31, 11:20AM

I've been with Forest Hill Road Group Practice for over 40 years, and can't recommend the practice highly enough. The support I've had through a number of health issues in recent years has been amazing; I've always been treated with the utmost respect, courtesy, and professionalism by all staff, and have always been able to get an urgent appointment when I've needed one.

Posted by Froglander October 31, 03:03PM

Forest Hill Rd massively shrank their catchment area in the last year or so and turfed people out who had been with them for decades.

The Gardens also shrank their catchment area.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was november 06, 12:51am by Froglander.

Posted by Hoi Polloi October 31, 05:48PM

Every time I ask to see a doctor, they say they have no appointments. Whenever I go to collect my prescription there is no one in the waiting room to see a doctor. The doctors seems to work a couple of hours a day and claim full time pay.
Forest Hill road Group practice is a scam. It is just a front to milk the NHS.

Posted by Penguin68 October 31, 06:03PM

The doctors seems to work a couple of hours a day and claim full time pay.
Forest Hill road Group practice is a scam. It is just a front to milk the NHS.

This is probably actionable. The practice (as many others) has a real problem recruiting GPs - there is an acute shortage across the country. They have two waiting rooms - the one upstairs for doctors with consulting rooms upstairs. As they don't have a drop in policy, those waiting are those with appointments - depending on the number of doctors 'on' probably no more than 1-2 per doctor (and also those waiting for the pharmacist and the practice nurses). The practice certainly has had, and is having, problems, not unique to inner city practices with high levels of problems and low levels of staff. At times the service has been excellent - over 30 years of being a patient there I have seen both good and and times. The quality of medical advice, and treatment, when you can get it, is generally high. The appointment system is undoubtedly irksome - but their triage works and 'emergency' as opposed to routine needs are still being met, in my experience.

To suggest that the doctors are lazy or scamming either their patients or the NHS is entirely uncalled for.

Posted by maxxi November 01, 09:14PM

Been with 306 for a few years now, good doctors, great nurse, friendly staff. They often run late and you can expect to be seen 10-20 mins later than your appointment time on average so if punctuality and time management is a priority for you maybe think elsewhere but the flip side is you never feel rushed and always get full and detailed explanations of treatment options etc.

Posted by malumbu November 01, 11:03PM

FHGP they were the best of times they were the worst of times. Penguin 68 has it spot on. Dangerous twaddle HP.

Posted by Grove boy November 03, 10:35PM

Another thumbs up for the Gardens surgery from me. I've always found the staff to be very helpful and friendly.

Posted by Raph2016 November 04, 11:36AM

Happy with the gardens. I found the reception staff unfriendly at first ut they are actually helpful now. Once I did the registration process I have been happy with the practice and I recommend it ĺ

Posted by carlafindle November 04, 11:37AM

The Gardens has served me very well.

Posted by Froglander November 06, 12:54AM

Itís worrying how Melbourne Grove has joined forces with the Hambledon Practice to take over the site at Dulwich hospital. The reviews in NHS Choices for MGMP are mostly dire.

Posted by johnhinton November 06, 02:45PM

Until the Forest Hill practice seemed to curtail heir catchment area, they always treated my family and me quite well. No complaints. Have since moved to Elm Lodge, which is actually more convenient, and even nicer.

Posted by Sue November 06, 09:24PM

johnhinton Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Until the Forest Hill practice seemed to curtail
> heir catchment area, they always treated my family
> and me quite well. No complaints. Have since moved
> to Elm Lodge, which is actually more convenient,
> and even nicer.

I moved to Elm Lodge, but I do have a number of concerns about it which I don't want to post on here.

As a result, I was going to move back to DMC, but I don't know if the highly recommended GP at DMC is still on sick leave?

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum