Forum Sponsors

https://www.gokayfitness.com/class

Your Local Personal Trainer

All Round Renovation

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Which pubs, bars, restaurants and take-aways do you avoid?
messageCatalytic convertor theft
Posted by mrsjones November 04, 09:43PM

My Honda CRV had its cat stolen today at 2pm in the car park at Belair park. Many people were in the car park at the time, and several people assumed it was the owner fixing their own car as it was so brazen. I have no number plate to share, but be aware of people jacking up cars or going underneath them!
Belair car park has no cameras, so it's not as safe for cars as it seems.
Thinking of getting a cat lock on my next one...if anyone has one please let me know which brand of lock you have and who fitted it.
Thanks

messageRe: Catalytic convertor theft
Posted by OscarM November 05, 12:00PM

Sorry to hear that, what a pain. Last week I chased off (well, banged on the window) a group of 3 men who were attempting to get at the bottom of a Mitsubishi SUV parked outside my house in ED for the same reason. They stopped in the middle of the road, stopping traffic, to do it but scarpered once challenged - quite unbelievable. Three guys in a silver saloon (also didnít get the plate). Certain vehicles are more vulnerable / in demand I think.

Posted by Metallic November 05, 12:06PM

Just how long does it take to remove one from a car?

Posted by Bumpkin November 05, 05:49PM

There was a previous thread on this, ours was taken from ED Rd in August. Kwik fit said v common round here. 3 done in a day at Sainsburyís car park according to them.

Posted by Lowlander November 05, 09:08PM

Metallic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just how long does it take to remove one from a
> car?

About five minutes from a Toyota / Honda apparently, which is why they are targeted...

Posted by Penguin68 November 16, 02:40PM

As a thought, but if you have room in your street to have a choice of parking place, two cars parked closely together and back to back (leaving room in front of each to un-park) would make such thefts far more difficult - and might cause thieves to move on to easier targets. It might have the additional effect of encouraging neighbourly behaviour. As I said, just a thought.

Posted by Penguin68 December 02, 08:37AM

Apologies for the source [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Posted by singalto December 02, 09:23AM

I went to the joint police panel meeting a couple of weeks ago and this matter was discussed. Apparently, you can get your carís catalytic converter retro fitted with a special cage to prevent the converter being stolen.

Posted by bigmacca1 December 02, 08:08PM

I think your find a Cage or Keyless clamps wont stop these scumbags with there cordless Angle Cutter.??

Posted by singalto December 02, 10:00PM

The police officer said the thieves tend to move to a car without a cage.

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed               Copyright 2006 - 2018 East Dulwich Forum