Two Suspicious Men Knocking at my Door

Maybe I?m just paranoid but I just had two gents knocking at my door looking for someone that doesn?t live here.

I have the interaction on camera and reviewing the footage my suspicions seem to be confirmed.

Two IC3 males late 20s in smart tracksuits (if such a thing exists) with matching black baseball caps. One knocked at my door whilst the other steps back casually holding his phone to his ear and studies the alarm half way up the side of my house. The other then tries the front door handle and spots my camera so steps back and adjusts his cap. They obviously don?t expect an answer so are surprised when I open the door. One mutters something about Donna being in, there is no Donna. I then challenge them on trying the door handle. They tell me they thought it was a a flat! What difference that makes I have no idea. Anyhow it?s a semi, one knocker, one door bell. No way would you think it a flat. I stepped into the garden and purposefully watched them leave.

I?m worried what might have happened had I not been a home. Maybe overly suspicious on my part but my wife saw the video on her phone from work and commented the same without me prompting. Please be vigilant.

Not paranoid. I had a similar thing a year or so ago. Didn't think to do anything about it at the time but then found out the neighbour across the street had been burgled the same day, so I wish I'd acted on my instincts. Report it to the police.

Tractorlad Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No, i haven't reported it. I'm not sure who to

> and quite frankly I doubt the authorities would be

> interested

>

>

> Sue Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Have you reported it?

You could report it to your local SNT or 101. There is even a facility to report onlie to the Met Police. They might know the faces and in any event it all goes to building up local intelligence.

Chick Wrote:

> Why do you describe them as IC3?

'IC is police-speak for identifying the ethnicity of a person: identity codes include IC1 (White), IC3 (Black), IC4 (West Asian), IC5 (East Asian).4 Jan 2012

Met Police officer: 'It's an insult to call me racist' - Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk ? news ? uknews ? law-and-order ? Met-Police-...'

See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IC_codes

binkylilyput Wrote:

> Is it normal for people to not answer their door

> when someone knocks at it? I did not know this!

allegedly millennials always text first before coming over otherwise no answer ;)

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/millennials-dont-ring-doorbells_uk_5cf7b52fe4b01713bed4daa5?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAB2cSOLJKXXuJ65h5LYzQ7wh3GHRWOOgC6dld3VbU__QCBa7ljhPQ7rXeVFPFrjQUCNt1wMvFCOED9B0aJS1JsaDirp3Sbwc3SiJeNJMT1z_4gpPChPZEob49cbvB1v6YUAVWVm0qxP--t7qTHXowELIsBQywjK-rQejCBjimkq4

Angelina Wrote:

> does it matter, Chick?

I think it does matter. I suspect the OP was concerned about being called racist. Describing the men as "black men" would be perfectly reasonable.

binkylilyput Wrote:

> Is it normal for people to not answer their door

> when someone knocks at it? I did not know this!

Nor me!

Though if it's dark I usually shout through the door "Who is it?" if I'm not expecting anybody ......