Glengarry, Trossachs, Tarbert Rds

246JS

Hi! Looking to buy in E Dulwich and wondering about these roads due to proximity to various stations and schools. From a search on this forum I can see various threads about crimes (burglaries, stabbings etc). Are these roads any worse than the rest of E Dulwich? Also saw someone mention about crime/anti-social behaviour sat a "particular part of Glengarry Road" - does anyone know where exactly on Glengarry this is referring to and what the issue is? I'm well aware that this is London so crime cannot be avoided but equally don't want to buy and then discover a heap of issues! Many thanks!

Crimes against individuals (non targeted) - probably random, more likely around shops/ bars etc. (where there are more people). Domestic abuse, gang attacks etc. are normally related to the person being attacked.

Crimes against property - these are often clustered in time (burglars or car thieves target an area, having invested time in checking it out) and not infrequently burglars will return in a couple of months once electronics etc. are re-bought with insurance. Longer streets will have more crime - as there are more locations to burgle or cars to steal.

Vandalism etc. Probably random - may be drink-fueled so possibly on routes back from pubs etc.

I wouldn't have thought any of these roads was peculiarly more crime-prone than others - despite the Glengarry Road reference - (but happy - probably the wrong word - to stand corrected).

Err, these roads are fine. No better or worse than most.

The area of Glengarry mentioned is the part that junctions ED Grove. there are a Pizza GoGo and a newsagents that attract groups of kids that may make some nervous types feel intimidated.

I've been living here for 17 years, walk up and down them regularly and never had any trouble.

Parking problems due to Alleyns is am issue but CPZ coming in the near future will alleviate this (at a price).

IMO these are actually some of the BEST streets to live in the area (we've lived Trossachs since 2004)

Heres why:

- mid way between Lordship Lane and Dulwich Village

- sit in the catchment area for DVIS, Dulwich Hamlet and Charter schools (yes, there's lots of other amazing schools in the area now, but these 3 have always been excellent)

- quiet streets (yes, bit of a parking problem - being fixed soon)

- the houses are deceptively big

Maybe because of the schools thing, the streets have always attracted young families and there's been a strong sense of community - we know literally everybody on the street

Street parties for both Royal and non royal events

Halloween is amazing around here

There was a drug-related stabbing here earlier this year (from what I remember) and the teenage boy was badly injured. It was claimed that a big car was used to sell drugs from on the road. I live in Glengarry and would say it is very mixed - smart family houses alongside social housing flats with some very odd/unpleasant characters sadly. I have been harassed and intimidated by my awful immediate neighbours. But this is probably only on one side of Glengarry Rd. Good luck.

"There was a drug-related stabbing here earlier this year (from what I remember) and the teenage boy was badly injured."

You're partly right. A teenage boy was stabbed in the bum on Glengarry Rd by another teenage boy - part of a gang initiation it was thought. Not badly injured though.

"someone in Trossachs Road has already got their Christmas tree up"

It's the new people - no-one's met them yet. Very mysterious ... and clearly early celebrators of Christmas!