3 guys looking to break into cars, Sunday night

Just a heads-up, as I returned home late Sunday night (11.40pm) I saw 3 males on - I guessed stolen - 'Boris' bikes slowly cycling down East Dulwich Road towards Goose Green roundabout.

One peeled off down Spurling Road, and the other two turned onto Lordship Lane. The 3 regrouped on Crawthew Grove a couple of minutes later, and headed up towards CP Road. I parked up, and saw them return a few minutes after that. They cycled down Spurling Rd and began looking through the windows of all the parked cars. Obviously I called the police, but couldn't get hold of a human to speak to ("all our operators are dealing with emergencies...") despite hanging on. The three disappeared back up Crawthew Grove again and I went inside to report it online.

No useful description - late teens/early twenties, one was white, not sure about the others, dark hoodies, South London accents. Posted really as a reminder not to leave anything valuable in your cars, and to consider where to cast your vote next month wisely.

Cast your vote wisely?

Who closed almost all the police stations and cut numbers to the bone?

From what I can see the police no longer even bother with petty theft?

None of the parties are offering anything particularly credible. Depressing times.

mrwb Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Cast your vote wisely?

>

> Who closed almost all the police stations and cut

> numbers to the bone?

>

> From what I can see the police no longer even

> bother with petty theft?

>

> None of the parties are offering anything

> particularly credible. Depressing times.

A lot of petty theft can be avoided- as in not leaving stuff in the car or using a mobile in the street. Today I saw a respectable looking young woman in Sainsbury's weigh a potato and put a sticker on it then walk off and put that and an onion (which she did not weigh) in a trolley....